The 2019 NFL Off-Season Is More Interesting Than The Super Bowl

This offseason, the Browns have acquired Odell Beckham Jr., which is a big deal.

plalo288
plalo288
96

The football season never quite ends as this year's offseason proves to be as interesting or maybe even more interesting than some of the games played. Some trades were so surprising to me that I thought they were a joke. These trades definitely change the projection of the upcoming season.

Most franchises are building their team one player at a time, but the Browns have definitely revamped their roster. After two years of disappointing seasons, the firing of the head coach and acquirement of Baker Mayfield were two pivotal steps to turn the team from a laughing stock to actual competition. Even with the first round draft pick, the Browns were unable to win any games until Baker Mayfield joined the team. Mayfield and the head coach Hue Jackson definitely did not see eye to eye, but when Hue was removed, the team seemed to flow better and win more games.

This offseason, the Browns have acquired Odell Beckham Jr., which is a big deal. OBJ has been amazing in all his seasons with the Giants and has a respect for Mayfield which will make them great teammates. Jarvis Landry and OBJ played in college together which adds a bonus to the team chemistry.

The head coach of the Detroit Lions Matt Patricia is doing team building as well, but the players he's taking in are former Patriots. Matt Patricia was a former coach on the Patriots so it isn't surprising that many former players are willing to go Detroit. Danny Amendola is one of the most recent ex-Patriots to join the Lions. I expect him to do great things in Detroit as long as he and Matt Stafford can form a connection.

Another noticeable roster change was Nick Foles to the Jacksonville Jaguars. I was surprised to see this trade as I felt that Foles was a better fit for the Eagles than Carson Wentz. Wentz was injured during important times in their season, but Foles was able to pick up the pieces and lead the team to a Super Bowl victory. If anything, I would've expected them to trade Wentz, but football is always full of surprises.

Although some teams seemed to have flourished, other teams are suffering this offseason. The Giants lost OBJ who was an integral part of the offense. Although they have Saquon Barkley, I don't think he can carry the team to playoffs. The Steelers lost two important parts of the offense. Antonio Brown was traded to the Oakland Raiders and Le'veon Bell was traded to the New York Jets. Both seemed to have issues with the quarterback and their pay causing them to leave the team. I feel that the Steelers are no longer the head of their division as the Browns have the power players to make it to playoffs.