NFL, Media Have Quietly Drifted From The Manning HGH Reports

Nothing to see here.

3

The NFL has seen its fair share of problems and controversy throughout the last year. They haven't necessarily handled each situation the way that many people would've liked, but they have dealt with them. This new situation that the league is currently dealing with has a similar feel to an old one we have just encountered.

Recently, Peyton Manning has been reported as using HGH just a few years ago. The allegations aren't exactly true, but the way things have been handled and the media coverage of the situation hasn't been what some fans have expected.

Manning has been one of the NFL's most dominating players in the last decade. He's been breaking numerous QB records and and has added a Super Bowl as well. These accomplishments aren't easy at all, so it's safe to say that he is a future Hall of Famer.

The reports that surfaced about Manning and the potential use of HGH have seemed ridiculous to some, but you really can't assume anything is exactly false either, no matter how ridiculous it may seem.

The whole situation is really intriguing, and I'm eager to see exactly what happens as we get further into the whole situation. With the way things are being handled, though, we may not exactly get those answers we fans have wanted.

The way the media and NFL handled this situation when it occurred seems to be just sweeping it under the rug as if nothing ever really happened. When you turn on ESPN, you're not getting those flashy headlines like you were getting when deflategate was getting going. It just seems that the NFL wants to keep its star quarterback from any bad publicity. It doesn't want to even think in the slightest bit that their star QB was ever involved in any of this.

As they were going on about deflategate, it seemed like there was something new on the case every day and they were on top of everything. The media and NFL would come out with their new findings, and day after day, the witch hunt on Tom Brady and the New England Patriots continued. But no, not Peyton; not this guy.

All I'm really trying to say in this situation is it seem seems really unfair to guys like Tom Brady and others around the league that Manning isn't getting that same treatment from the media and NFL. While this one is being swept under the rug, guys like Brady were being thrown out there for the world to see.