10 Places All Gamers And Geeks Should Visit In New York City
Travel

10 Places All Gamers And Geeks Should Add To Their Big Apple Trip Itinerary

From comics to games and more, check out these geeky fan favorites.

1884

New York is full of wonders and fun things to do. From museums and musicals to amazing food and thousands upon thousands of places to shop 'til you drop, there's something for everyone to do no matter interests or hobbies. In this case, however, I'm focusing on some of the favorite geeky places in New York. From comics to games and more, check out these geeky fan favorites the next time you find yourself in the big city and beyond.

1. Nintendo NYC

Located in Manhattan's Rockefeller Center, you can check out two floors of merchandise from all kinds of games, new and exciting titles, a showcase for all your nostalgic needs, and plenty of statues of your favorite heroes to take selfies with. It doesn't matter if you're not a little kid anymore. If you're a gamer, you'll love it here.

2. Kinokuniya

For Anime fans, Kinokuniya may be one place to stop. In the heart of midtown Manhattan, this bookstore offers a wide variety of books, magazines, stationery and much more from Japan with most books in both English and Japanese. There are three levels to this building, with Japanese stationary and magazines in the basement, a regular bookstore on the ground floor, and the second floor filled with manga, anime merch, and a cozy eatery.

3. Forbidden Planet

Located near Union Square Park, shop at one of the world's largest and most acclaimed seller of toys, graphic novels, and even more collectibles, Check this place out everything from apparel, games, comics and graphic novels, DVD's, and much more. It's loved by a lot of NY geeks, so make sure to check it out for yourself.

4. VR World NYC

This is the largest mixed reality entertainment place in the United States. There are two floors with over 50 VR stations such as virtual rock climbing, zombie invasion shootouts, 3-dimensional painting, and so much more. Purchase your tickets and head over to Midtown.

5. Toy Tokyo

Another store packed with collectibles, this emporium is another fan favorite that offers a wide selection of both domestic and Japanese figures, collectibles, and toys. Located in New York City's East Village, Toy Tokyo has gained a reputation for its unique inventory, and you may find a celebrity shopping next to you. On top of their collections, they also have an art gallery to explore toys through art.

6. Videogamesny

This place isn't for playing, but checking out some astounding stuff that they have. Located in Manhattan, this has to be the world's best video game store with extremely rare and inclusive video games and systems both imported, sealed, and even never used. Check out this video to see just how amazing this place is.

7. Lovecraft

Dedicated to one of the most significant 20th-century authors of horror and weird fiction, H.P. Lovecraft, this is a bar with live music, food, cocktails, and funky decor stuffed with a bunch of references. This is a great place for Lovecraft fans, art lovers, steampunk fans, and music lovers. Located near Thompson Square Park, this place tastes as good as it looks.

8. The Compleat Strategist

This place is one of the best places to go for all kinds of gaming outside consoles. With a collection for boardgamers, roleplayers, and card players, The Compleat Strategist is the gaming headquarters for New York. Located pretty close to the Empire State building, this is every gamer's paradise.

9. Barcade

This place is a spin-off of a Williamsburg bar and offers vintage video games like Pac-Man and Donkey Kong alongside everyone's favorite beer. Located on busy 24th street, Barcade is the original arcade bar and puts your two favorite things together for a night of fun.

10. Ninja New York

Ninja New York offers Japanese dishes & sushi in a setting designed to mirror a Ninja village with a twist. You may get startled by ninja that jump out to surprise you and magic tricks right at your table. Located near Duane Park, book before you go and enjoy awesome food with decent entertainment.