Year-Long Cooking Challenge: 52 Weeks Of Delicious Recipes

Learn new culinary skills and delicious recipes each week with this food bucket list.

1029
Photo by Daria Shevtsova on Pexels

Do you ever struggle when coming up with an idea for your New Year's resolution? Here's an idea for you! Every week, make a new recipe that you've never tried before. This will allow you to learn new culinary skills and have scrumptious foods to eat with friends and family. By the end of the year, you will have grown to be a culinary genius.

Here is a list of new meals to make each week. At the end of this article, you will find three extra food items that you can throw into the mix or replace with one of the existing food items. Happy Cooking!

Week 1: Make Pulled Pork

Start off the year with learning how to make this protein-packed food item.

Check out these recipes:

Week 2: Make Chicken Pot Pie

When it's cold outside, eating hearty chicken pot pie is always a delightful event. This comfort food is guaranteed to warm you up during the winter months, especially since pot pies hold in the heat.

Check out these recipes:

Week 3: Make a Casserole

Are you ever running low on time but need to make a filling dish? Making a casserole is a simple way to feed a crowd with little prep time required. Overall, it's a great meal to have in your culinary arsenal.

Check out these recipes:

Week 4: Make Homemade Soup

During the cold winter months, eating soup provides comfort from the frigid winds and cumulative snow. It's time to learn some new soup recipes to make on those chilly days!

Photo by Navada Ra on Pexels

Check out these recipes:

Week 5: Make Bread

Besides the fact that homemade breads are more nutritious than store-bought products, fresh bread is also more flavorful. If you learn how to make your own bread, you'll also save more money as it is cheaper to make one's own bread than purchase the name brands. It is also notable that knowing how to make one's own bread is an impressive conversation starter!

Check out these recipes:

Week 6: Made Red Velvet Cake

With Valentine's Day right around the corner, making red velvet treats is the optimal way to celebrate and make long-lasting memories. Red is the color associated with love, so this dessert is fitting for the holiday.

Photo by Irina Edilbaeva on Pexels

Check out these recipes:

Week 7: Make Chinese New Year Dumplings

With Chinese New Year approaching, learn how to make traditional Chinese dumplings in honor of this cultural event.

Check out these recipes:

Week 8: Make Sticky Buns or Cinnamon Rolls

When it's chilly outside, a nice warm sticky bun or cinnamon roll can make you toasty and full. These are also a great treat to make for office parties and last minute events. So, knowing how to make these treats is in your best interest!

Check out these recipes:

Week 9: Make Homemade Fish

With Lent transpiring during the spring, Catholics consume fish increasingly on Fridays and Holy Days. So, take the time to learn a go-to fish recipe, even if you aren't a member of the Catholic faith.

Check out these recipes:

Week 10: Make Homemade Muffins

Knowing how to make muffins saves people time on their breakfast making and preparations. Instead of skipping the essential meal, learn how to make this delicious on-the-go snack. Plus, they are a healthier treat than ice cream and cake, and if made properly, they taste just as delicious.

Photo b CHaLO on Pexels

Check out these recipes:

Week 11: Make Homemade Pizza

Since pizza is a main staple, it is only fitting that you know how to make a homemade pizza.

Check out these recipes:

Week 12: Make Brownies

If you don't know how to make brownies, this is the perfect time to learn. Who doesn't like a gooey chocolate treat?

Check out these recipes:

Week 13: Make Homemade Pretzels

Take a break from stressful school assignments and work, and make soft pretzels!

Photo on Taryn Elliott on Pexels

Check out these recipes:

Week 14: Make Homemade Mac and Cheese

Knowing how to whip-up some cheesy macaroni and cheese is a necessity. It's a great treat for big gatherings and mid-week dinners.

Check out these recipes:

Week 15: Make Chicken and Waffles

If you want a quick meal involving grains and protein, make savory chicken and waffles. Learning to make this classic will give you another go-to dinner that takes minimal preparations and minimizes stress.

Check out these recipes:

Week 16: Make Whoopie Pies (also known as Gobs)

Widely popular in Pennsylvania and other Northeastern states, whoopie pies can be found in various flavors throughout the year. Now, it's time for you to make these delicious treats!

Check out these recipes:

Week 17: Make Homemade Pasta

Once you learn how to make homemade pasta, boxed pasta will never taste the same!

Photo by Engin Akyurt on Pexels

Check out these recipes:

Week 18: Make Potato Salad

Yearly gatherings, events, and festivities would not be the same without traditional potato salad. By learning how to make this dish in May, you'll be prepared for summer picnics with friends in the months to come.

Check out these recipes:

Week 19: Make Homemade Fries

Making homemade fries are healthier and more nutritious than those sold at fast food restaurants around the world. Since they pair well with various meals, it is a great food to perfect and grow this year.

Check out these recipes:

Week 20: Make Homemade Ramen

Instead of eating pre-packaged ramen, take the time to learn your own homemade recipe.

Photo by Jan Nguyen on Pexels

Check out these recipes:

Week 21: Make Seasoned Pretzels

Seasoned pretzels are a great snack to take on the go. By making your own pretzel mixture, you will be able to control what your treat tastes like.

Check out these recipes:

Week 22: Make Grilled Cheese

Most people know how to make a traditional grilled cheese sandwich. However, try and spice up your sandwich with new ingredients and combinations!

Photo Lisa Fotios on Pexels

Check out these recipes:

Week 23: Make Homemade Strawberry Shortcake

Since strawberries are in season in the northeast during June, make homemade strawberry shortcake with freshly picked local strawberries. This is a delicious fresh dessert for the incoming warm days.

Check out these recipes:

Week 24: Make Salsa

With various fresh fruits growing and becoming ripe in the warmer months, salsa is a great product to make from the available plants. Take the time to learn a salsa recipe that works for you!

Check out these recipes:

Week 25: Make Foil Packs

When camping or standing around the fire pit or grill, pull out the aluminum foil and make foil packs. These are a great treat to make with friends and family. Plus, everyone can personalize their own creations.

Check out these recipes:

Week 26: Make Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancakes)

Try another cuisine by learning how to make Okonomiyaki, a traditional Japanese food item. Embracing other cultures is a great way to learn and grow, and this is the perfect place to start.

Check out these recipes:

Week 27: Make Homemade Ice Cream

With hot humid weather persisting, learn how to make homemade ice cream this July.

Photo by Teejay on Pexels

Check out these recipes:

Week 28: Make an Omelette

Before starting a busy day, eating an omelette can give a person loads of energy! Expanding one's knowledge and skills is always a positive thing.

Check out these recipes:

Week 29: Make a Smoothie

Drinking a nice cold smoothie on a warm summer day is relaxing at best. Whip up a fruit-filled smoothie that you would love to make at all points of the year.

Check out these recipes:

Week 30: Make a Pie Iron Sandwich

When out camping or hanging outside with friends, which up some pie iron sandwiches. They are easy to make and always tasty to eat.

Check out these recipes:

Week 31: Make a Fresh Salad

During humid afternoons, eating a fresh salad can be refreshing and energizing. Find a salad recipe that you love by experimenting this week. From buffalo chicken salads to fruit salads, the possibilities are endless.

Photo by Jill Wellington on Pexels

Check out these recipes:

Week 32: Make Cream Puffs

Cream puffs are the perfect treat to have at the end of summer. Besides being light and fluffy, they are also addicting. Once you've mastered these treats, you'll save tons of money at local bakeries.

Check out these recipes:

Week 33: Make Nachos

Celebrate the beginning of the semester with some easily shareable nachos. Learning how to make supreme nachos will allow you to be less stressed when deciding what to make for parties and small gathering.

Photo by Raizza Videña

Check out these recipes:

Week 34: Make Tacos

First off, I wholeheartedly recommend that you make your tacos on Tuesday. They are a great easy meal that everyone deserves to know how to make.

Check out these recipes:

Week 35: Make Pancakes

How can you enjoy breakfast without knowing how to make pancakes? If you don't know how to make pancakes currently, then this is your time to learn and grow in your abilities.

Check out these recipes:

Week 36: Make Roasted Vegetables

Knowing how to make roasted vegetables will improve your thoughts and perceptions on healthy eating in general.

Check out these recipes:

Week 37: Make Fried Rice

If you enjoy Asian cuisine, then you need to learn how to make your own fried rice. Besides being filling, knowing how to make this meal will also improve your bank account. You'll be able to cook your own rice instead of purchasing it from a restaurant.

Photo by Trista Chen on Pexels

Check out these recipes:

Week 38: Make Hobo Beans

Do you want a quick meal that's delicious and filling? Hobo Beans are the treat for you.

Check out these recipes:

Week 39: Make Raviolis

Who doesn't love Italian food? Learn to make homemade raviolis this week. We are all about those carbs!

Check out these recipes:

Week 40: Make Homemade Apple Dumplings

During the cool fall months, apple dumplings are a fundamental food of the season. Make your cooking experience even better by picking a fall day to go pick fresh apples.

Photo by Maria Orlova on Pexels

Check out these recipes:

Week 41: Make Homemade Applesauce

With apples being in season, whip up some homemade applesauce. It's a great snack to have with your lunch.

Check out these recipes:

Week 43: Make Buffalo Chicken Dip

As football season roars on, try and make a perfect buffalo chicken dip dish for the weekend fun. You have not lived until you have eaten perfectly made buffalo chicken dip.

Check out these recipes:

Week 44: Make Pan de Muerto

In honor of Day of the Dead, try Pan de Muerto, a popular type of bread found in Mexico during the annual celebrations. It's a great way to commemorate the holiday season!

Check out these recipes:

Week 45: Make Creamy Mashed Potatoes

With Thanksgiving coming quick, practice some mashed potato recipes to find the optimal combination.

Check out these recipes:

Week 46: Make Homemade Pumpkin Pie

In honor of Thanksgiving, whip up some scrumptious pumpkin pie. Everyone needs to know at least one pie recipe that always works and tastes delicious.

Photo by Kasumi Loffler on Pexels

Check out these recipes:

Week 47: Make Homemade Stuffing

Homemade stuffing is a great meal to try and perfect, and all consumers will be "stuffed" after eating it.

Check out these recipes:

Week 48: Make Latkes (Potato Pancakes)

To celebrate Hanukkah, try some latkes, also known as potato pancakes. Making this dish is a fabulous way to celebrate Jewish traditions and eat massive amounts of carbs.

Check out these recipes:

Week 49: Make Sugar Cookies

The holiday season would not be the same without sugar cookies. So, bake up some new sugar cookie batches, and find your new favorite recipes!

Check out these recipes:

Week 50: Make Homemade Hot Chocolate

To stay warm during the inevitable spurts of cold weather, try to make your own hot chocolate. Making your own hot beverage will allow you to personalize it to your own tastes.

Photo by Oleg Magni on Pexels

Check out these recipes:

Week 51: Make Deviled Eggs

Deviled eggs are great dish to bring to holiday celebrations, so whip up this treat in December, a month dedicated to festivities and get-togethers.

Check out these recipes:

Week 52: Make Roast Chicken

With New Years Eve approaching, make a simple roast chicken. If you've never made this dish before, it is a great skill to have in your back pocket.

Check out these recipes:

If you are unable to eat a certain type of food, here are three extra recipes:

Extra #1: Make a Baked Potato

Whether renting, living in a dorm, or at home, baked potatoes are easy to make, even with limited equipment access.

Photo by Daisy Anderson on Pexels

Check out these recipes:

Extra #2: Make Mooncakes

Who is against trying a new treat? Mooncakes are a delicious pastry that many people have never tasted before. So, be the next taste-tester!

Check out these recipes:

Extra #3: Make Homemade Pierogi

No matter the occasion, it's always a good time to whip up delicious pierogi.

Photo by Karolina Grabowska on Pexels

Check out these recipes:

From Your Site Articles