New Year's Resolutions: Expectations vs. Reality

Let's be a little realistic here, shall we?

336

New Year’s is the perfect chance to get your act together and make some changes in your life, whether it’s throwing away bad habits or trying to gain good ones. While some of us (very few) stick with our resolutions, there’s a bunch of us (basically everyone) who slowly wean off the New Year’s high and find ourselves back to being our last year’s selves. No, but seriously, a University of Scranton research suggests that only 8 percent of people achieve their New Year's goals. So, as determined as you are, and I sincerely hope you all are successful in your resolutions, let’s take a look at ‘expectations vs. reality’ of some of our New Year’s Resolutions:

"I'm going to start going to the gym every day."

Expectation:

Reality:

"I'm going to start eating healthy."

Expectation:

Reality:

"I'm going to start reading."

Expectation:

Reality:

"I'm going to get straight A's this semester."

Expectation:

Reality:

"I'm going to take up a new hobby."

Expectation:

Reality:

"I'm going to start getting up early."

Expectation:

Reality:

"I'm going to make more friends."

Expectation:

Reality:

"I'm going to start caring more about my appearance."

Expectation:

Reality:

"I'm going to be in a relationship this year."
Expectation:

Reality:

"I'm going to be more organized."

Expectation:

Reality:

And there you have it! Maybe one of your resolutions is to be part of that 8 percent who fulfill their goals, but I wish you all the best. In reality, however, we all know how we are going to turn out. Happy New Year!