New Year, Same Old Same Old

New Year, Same Old Same Old

Why we should stick to New Year's Resolutions.

12
New Year, Same Old Same Old

New Year, New Me... New Year, New Goals... But is it really? Everyone makes their "New Year's Resolutions" that really only last for about a week, if that. People try to make the best of the new year and embrace a new lifestyle, but really, has anything changed?

We all go though the same routines everyday: get up, eat breakfast, then head off to work or school. We talk to the same people, we walk the same roads we always do. We get into routines, and it only goes to show that old habits die hard. But what if we actually tried to change this new year? What if we actually changed things this new year? We should strive to actually stick to our New Year's Resolutions and hold each other accountable for them. New Year's Resolutions should be a thing that last all year, not be a temporary thing that we forget about quickly.

This year should be a year where we make a difference. After all, we want it to be a better year than 2016, right? This year, I challenge you t do something that you've never done before, step out of your comfort zone. Meet new people, or talk to someone new, someone you'd like to get to know better. If there's someone you need distance from, give them distance. Unfortunately, not al friendships last forever. Try taking up a new habit, something that you've never tried. Maybe try playing an instrument that you've always wanted to, or one that you think is really cool.

Make time for yourself. A lot of the time, we can get caught up on things that don't matter, or just get caught up on things in general. But for your own sanity, you should take some you time. Get done what you need to get done, then take some time off. Along with that, time manage. Do things that are the boring, important things first. Don't procrastinate, and really take time doing things so it is quality. If you get what you need to get done first, you'll feel so much better, and will actually have time to enjoy things that you want to.

Try recycling. Taking care of the Earth should become a priority, especially with all the global climate change going on, which only happens because of high amounts of pollution. If you already recycle, then try composting. This will reduce your waste even more, plus you can use the soil produced in your own garden, or start a garden. Try a healthier diet. This one seems typical, but if you eat healthier, you'll feel better, and won't suffer so many health complications that people have once they hit old age. Plus, you may find that you don't miss all the junk food.

Make this year a good one. Challenge yourself, and do something that you will be proud of.

"What would you do today if you knew you would not fail?" -New Year's Eve