Is The New Year Really The New You?

Is The New Year Really The New You?

You say it every year: New Year, New Me

11
Is The New Year Really The New You?

How many years have you been saying this phrase? For me, one too many. And every year it ends the same phrase, "Whoops, didn't do that." These past few years have been a downward slope for a lot of people. Last year, I think we finally hit rock bottom. It can be agreed that one of the few good things that came out of 2016 was Drake Summer '16. If it were not for good music or just music that gets you up in the morning, I do not think many people would have made it through last year. There were a lot of downs, like my GPA, but this year is going to be different.

Since we hit bottom last year, there is only one way to go from here: up. This is the year that your fight begins, your fight for your life. There are some pretty big challenges coming. It's time to tape and glove up. There are no more excuses and there is nowhere to hide. You are at the bottom of it all and the only way is up. If you want to succeed in anything that you do, you better be warmed up and come out swinging when you hear that bell. You can succeed with the right attitude towards the fight.

So new year, new you? No. New year, new attitude. People do not change, their attitude does. This year set attainable goals with a different attitude. If you want a physically new you, set goals with a positive attitude and do not forget to reward yourself. I'm a firm believer that you can do anything you set your mind to. But if you don't have the right attitude towards your goals, then you won't achieve or succeed. Your attitude will help you succeed.

Now, this positive attitude is not easy to keep. You will have people who will try to drag you down. In some cases, you may need to cut these people off but not all the time. Keep your head up and you will climb to the top. It's okay to have to leave some of the people in your life on the lower levels; they will catch up if they have the right attitude. Focus on you and your goals, but have a good attitude and don't forget to humble yourself.

New year, new attitude.