Goals for New Semester

My New Semester Resolutions

It's that time.

58

Going into my third year of college, I feel like I might have kind of finally gotten my hand around college, and how to ace my classes. After a roller-coaster of two years, I am excited to go into my Junior year with a new mindset, but most importantly, a new set of goals I am set on achieving.

Study more

media2.giphy.com

Study more, and more effectively. Over the last few years, I've tried various methods of studying, and I think I finally figured out my perfect way of studying. It's important to find what works for you because it will make life much easier come exam week. For some reason, cramming is way harder in college than it was in high school.

Begin preparing for med school

media1.giphy.com

Going to medical school has been a major motivation in my life since, well, forever. However, recently I have realized that it is approaching much quicker than I realized, and there is a lot I need to start doing this semester, like MCAT Prep courses and getting letters of recommendations. I wish that I had set up a plan earlier so that I wouldn't feel so overwhelmed with all the things I need to start doing.

Save more time for myself

media3.giphy.com

I went into college wanting to everything, and that's exactly what I did, but after having the most relaxed summer I've had in a while, I realized how much little time I have saved for myself. Therefore, I decided to quit a lot of clubs/volunteer activities that I was doing in exchange for more things I enjoy, like taking a yoga class.

Explore more/try new things

media1.giphy.com

Along with saving more time for myself, I want to try new things with that time. For instance, I haven't really explored a lot of vegan restaurants in downtown, or St. Pete, which is definitely something I would like to do.

Stay confident

media1.giphy.com

It was very overwhelming for me to move out on my own, even if it was just a dorm an hour away from home, but now I've moved into my own apartment, got a dog, and finally feel like I'm starting to be an adult, taking care of myself. I want to continue this positive streak into the coming semester, and stay confident in my abilities.