Adele & Beyoncé, Kanye, Prince Tribute & James Corden As Host: Everything to Expect at the 2017 Grammys

The 2017 Grammy Awards - music's biggest night is just around the corner! Here's everything we can expect at this year's show.

15
Larry Busacca/Getty Images

Music's biggest night, The 59th Grammy Awards will be held live Sunday, February 12th from the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. The 3 hour live broadcast will be aired on CBS at 8|7 central. Last year, Kendrick Lamar and Taylor Swift walked out as the night's big winners while Adele, Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Tori Kelly and James Bay and The Weeknd had some of the night's most talked about performances. When Adele and Beyoncé go head to head in 3 of the night's biggest categories, you know it's going to be a show that'll keep you on your feet. Here's what to expect from this year's show!

1. An Unpredictable, Hilarious New Host

The Recording Academy announced later last year that host of CBS's The Late Late Show, James Corden (38) would be the new host for this year's biggest night in music. Corden took hosting duties from hip-hop artist and fellow CBS star, LL Cool J after five years. Recording Academy President/CEO, Neil Portnow says that Corden's very popular and humorous Carpool Karaoke segments was a big reason why he was chosen to be this year's host. Portnow also said, "James Corden is a commanding, dynamic showman who, we believe, is perfect to host the Grammy Awards,” in a statement. I'm sure that Corden will live up to Portnow's kind words, as well crack a couple jokes about some of the year's most talked about topics and stars.

2. Adele Sweeping Grammy Gold

Adele is no stranger when it comes to taking home a couple of Grammys. The pop star has won a total of 10 since 2009 and is nominated for 5 more this year. Like in 2012, Adele is once again nominated in 3 of the night's biggest categories - Record of the Year ("Hello"), Album of the Year (25) and Song of the Year ("Hello"), as well as Best Pop Vocal Album (25) and Best Pop Solo Performance ("Hello"). This past year for Adele has been one for the books. From chart-topping hits to a record-breaking album and a sold-out tour, she is sure to take all the Grammy gold this year.

3. A Battle Between '25' and 'Lemonade'

One of this year's toughest categories will be Album of the Year. When you put Queen B and Adele up against each other for one of the night's biggest honors, its going to be a close race. Adele has always been a Grammy voter favorite and her voice touches all of our souls while Beyoncé is practically the queen of everything and her lyrics give us all the feelz. Both 25 and Lemonade were two of the year's biggest and best releases but, only 1 can win. Which one will that be?

4. Star-Studded Performances

The Grammy Awards hasn't been named music's biggest night for nothing. Not only is the show always filled with some of the night's top honored artists but, it also promises some of the best performances by some of music's biggest stars. Both Adele and Beyoncé have already been confirmed as performers for this year's show. Other expected performers for the big night include Drake, Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga, The Weeknd and Ed Sherran just to name a few. Other stars like Katy Perry, Lorde and U2 could also make their return on the Grammy stage this year, as they are all set to release new music soon. A tribute to the late 7-time Grammy winning music legend - Prince is also be expected at this year's show.

5. Maren Morris Will Take It All For Country

Country newcomer, Maren Morris was at the top of the list when Grammy nominations were announced last December. She scored a nod in the all-genre Best New Artist category, alongside country fellow Kelsea Ballerini, Chance The Rapper, Anderson .Pakk and The Chainsmokers. She is also up for Best Country Album for her #1 debut album Hero as well Best Country Song and Best Country Solo Performance for "My Church". Morris is predicted to sweep all categories but, she may find some competition against country veteran, Tim McGraw and his "Humble and Kind" ballot for Best Country Song.

6. Grammy Gold First Timers?

Some of music's biggest stars seem to have it everything .. well everything except a Grammy. Many of this year's nominees could be walking away with the first Grammy award of their career on February 12th. Sia, voice behind hits "Titanium", "Chandelier" and "Cheap Thrills" could win one of the 3 categories she is up for this year, including Best Pop Vocal Album for her chart-topping This is Acting or Best Pop Duo/Group Performance for one of the year's biggest hits - "Cheap Thrills" with Sean Paul. Twenty One Pilots could also take home some Grammy gold, as they are nominated for one of the night's top categories - Record of the Year with their breakout hit "Stressed Out". Voices behind the song of the summer, "Closer" - The Chainsmokers and Halsey are also top contenders for music's biggest honor as well.

7. Rihanna's Return to the Grammy Stage

8-time Grammy winner - Rihanna knows how to put on a show! Her performances on past Grammy telecasts have always been top notch. She was suppose to perform at last year's show until the R&B singer's doctor ordered her not to at the last minute. She had suffered bronchitis a few days before and was treated for it. RiRi was able to hold it together during rehearsals for the show but, had to end up cancelling which left many viewers surprised. This year, we can expect Rihanna to return to the Grammy stage with a bang! Maybe by performing her current fan-favorite single "Love on the Brain"?

8. Another Kanye Interruption?

We all know that Kanye West tends to speak his mind when things don't happen the way he thinks they should. At the 2015 Grammys, the multi-platinum selling artist interrupted Beck after he had presented him the award for Album of the Year. Both of West's reaction and words made it clear that he wasn't happy with the winner of the category. He believed that the award should have went to Beyoncé, not the contemporary rock star. The question is, will history repeat itself if Adele beats Queen B out in one of the categories that the two are both up for? Only Kanye knows.

9. David Bowie Farewell

It was a surprise to many fans when the late David Bowie didn't receive a nomination for Album of the Year at this year's Grammys. Many were calling it a snub. Bowie did receive 4 other nominations this year for Best Alternative Music Album (Blackstar), Best Rock Performance ("Blackstar"), Best Rock Song ("Blackstar") and Best Engineered Non-Classical Album (Blackstar). It is expected and predicted that The Recording Academy's voters will celebrate the late star and give him his final Grammy award(s) at this year's show.

10. Red Carpet Fashion

Stars on the red carpet at the Grammys always bring it all on music's biggest night! Whether it be their best, worst, simplest or craziest looks, we're always in for a ride on the red carpet. Some of last year's red carpet favorites include Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood (pictured above). As well as Adele, Ariana Grande, Ciara, Ellie Goulding and more. This year we're expected to see new looks from the night's biggest nominee - Beyoncé, Lady Gaga and possibly Katy Perry!