New Girl, The Modern Day Friends?

New Girl, The Modern Day Friends?

As a college student and an avid TV/Netflix watcher I haveto say one of my favorite shows by far is New Girl. It’s one of those shows that no matter what mood or what time of day it is this show satisfies, to me it is like a modern day Friends.

89

For those of you who haven’t seen it, New Girl begins when the main character Jessica (Jess), a bubbly young teacher whose boyfriend cheated on her, answers an ad on Craig’s list looking for a new roommate. Her new roommates turn out to be three young men: Nick, Schmidt, and Winston. From there the show follows how their friendship develops, their interconnected lives as they navigate through complex romantic relationships, their career choices, and ultimately shows their growth as they try and find their place in the world.

This show has it all smart and witty humor, drama, romance, and perfectly imperfect characters. Guys and girls alike will be hard-pressed to not find at least one of the characters they can’t relate to. Overall it has won me over and often my friends and I will get together just to watch it. Have I convinced you to watch it yet? If not, here are a few of my favorite quotes from the show that hopefully you will find as entertaining as I did! (For those of you who already watch New Girl I know you must be as excited as I am for the new season premiere Tuesday, September 16th!)

When you put it like that, it sounds amazing… AND like

prison. –Nick   

What makes Abby’s jewelry so interesting is that it is interesting and can cut you. –Schmidt

Rochelle? Fancy name. 'Rochelle', like a mermaid. –Jess

I’ve got an uncle whose God-given name is ‘Shifty.’ -Nick   

Crazy girls are kind of my ‘Hurt Locker’ –Schmidt   

Nick, I never thought I’d say this, but I need to be alone with Prince. –Jess    

You’ve never been turned on by gas mileage? –Coach   

Open your cellar doors, and let us taste your jams. –Schmidt 

Six hundred dollars! That's six hundred one-dollar bills. That's the only way I can imagine it. –Nick  

Nobody's getting pregnant tonight!...That's the same thing I say on my dates. –Winston 

Boob season's over, for you! –Jess   

There is something serious I have to tell you about the future. The name of my first-born child needs to be Reginald Vel Johnson

I lost a bet to Schmidt. –Nick   

Girl, I got an obligation...at a...sandwich...meeting. –Winston   

I'm in a limo! I wish I had really long legs so I could stretch 'em out the length of the limo! –Jess  

He's so soft, like a towel. -Jess   

Damn it! I can't find my driving moccasins anywhere! -Schmidt