Brent Faiyaz And His Group Sonder Are Making Their Presence Greatly Known In The R&B World Today

Why you should be on the lookout for their upcoming tour!
100

Who are this Brent Faiyaz and the group Sonder and why am I just now hearing about them, is what I have been asking myself lately. I must say that I have been playing their music on repeat for last past week. Oh, by the way, let’s speak about the group’s name Sonder first that was chosen. Sonder is the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own, is a definition that Mr. Faiyaz follows.

Can you say deep and it is this, that has kept my attention a very different group of artists with very different views which I love. But this Brent Faiyaz has, without doubt, caught my attention, so much talent. The singer on the track, “Crew”, by Goldlink has been on the move lately making music and spilling vibes.

The twenty-two-year-old Baltimore native has been letting his voice be heard since 2014. Influenced by 90’s R&B, Brent delivers a very soft serenading voice over a dope r&b sound of a beat with some deep lyrics. In a recent interview with Soulection, Brent tells of his favor for 90’s r&b music, and all I am saying is yes please bring this music and vibe back. I would also say that he does have a bit of a 90’s style and it is definitely in the music.

I mean the first song by the group that I heard was, “Feel” and it just pulled me in, hearing the emotion and vibe throughout the entirety of the song. The instruments and beat in, “Searching”, just pull you in from the very beginning making you wonder where this guy gets his inspiration from. And might I add who is on that guitar? Must I also add the song, “Running on E”, best breakup song for 2017 and 2018?

Brent also has two solo albums, “Sonder Son,” and “A.M. Paradox”, which has the songs, “Invite Me”, and “Nobody Knows”. After much research, I have found that Brent will be touring this year, which will be the Sonder Son tour, I believe that the shows will without a doubt be great. I feel that this group will be around for some time.

I think that their aura that they bring is very different from what is being seen in today’s artists. Having a different type of sound that no one has heard before is a great characteristic to have in today’s music industry.

I do believe that as a music lover myself I am always looking for a different type or genre of music and artists who bring out something different in their music.

I do believe that Brent and his group will be bringing us more of that different type of sound.

But for those of you who haven’t please go check these guys out, I am without a doubt giving my props to this talented group of young men and am pretty sure we will be seeing much more of them.