10 Surefire Ways To Never Get Sick

10 Surefire Ways to Never Get Sick

"An apple a day keeps the doctor away," at least that's what they say.

183
https://unsplash.com/photos/-CDN2nTKfrA
Brittany Colette via Unsplash

Being sick is one of the worst things that can happen to us year-round. As the seasons change, sometimes it's hard for our body to adjust to the shift in weather. When we are feeling weaker than usual, our immune system is trying to fight off whatever bug we caught. Here are 10 surefire ways to never get sick:

1. Practice good hygiene.

Wash your hands consistently, for at least two minutes, and be sure to clean under your nails. Bacteria can hideout there.

2. Don't stress.

Believe it or not, stress can lower your immune system. Don't worry about getting sick, just do what you can to prevent it from happening.

3. Eat fruits and greens.

Even though it's hard to eat healthy on a regular basis, eating enough fruits and vegetables- which are rich in vitamins- will help support your immune system.

4. Drink tea.

Not only is it healthy to drink tea, but it'll also instantly make you feel warm inside. The steam of any hot beverage will help make breathing easier.

5. Stay fit.

Remember to take care of your body; it's the only one you've got.

6. Get enough sleep.

When you're sick, your body is fighting hard, so getting enough sleep is vital in feeling better quicker.

7. Get enough Vitamin D.

Getting enough Vitamin D is critical for optimal health- it helps maintain strong bones and aids your immune system. Sunlight is the best natural source of Vitamin D, so get out and soak up the sun.

8. Get some fresh air.

Staying in the same environment, especially when sick, might cause you to stay sick longer than expected. Fresh air will help you breathe better and feel better.

9. Don't touch your face.

Germs from your hand can easily be transmitted by physical contact. The most common places to transfer the germs from your hands to the rest of your body are your eyes, nose, or mouth.

10. Get your shots.

Stay up-to-date with required vaccines, shots, and medicine you need to be taking. Make your health a priority.

"I am sick and tired of being sick and tired." – Fannie Lou Hamer