college friends

I Will Never Be Able To Thank My Best Friends Enough For Everything They Do

Seriously, the love I have for them is difficult to put into words.

166
Savannah Gregory

Have you ever met someone and just knew they were going to be in your life forever? Do you know what it feels like to know you have friends that will be there for you always? I sure didn't, not until I met the people I now spend almost all of my time with.

I've struggled to make friends for most of my life. I either attract people that I build toxic friendships with or people who are looking to float in and shortly float out of my life. While I'm grateful for all of those people and their impacts on my life, I spent a lot of time feeling quite alone. I don't think I ever knew what real friendship was until I met them. I'm never going to be able to put into words how much I truly appreciate them, but I'm going to give it a try right here and now anyway.

Thank you for bringing me into your perfect friend group. I am so grateful you've made room in your hearts and plans for me. You've all made me feel accepted and wanted.

Thank you for asking me to live with you. I'm already counting down the days until we get to have our own little apartment.

Thank you for pushing me out of my comfort zone. I tend to stay in my shell and sometimes prefer it that way, but you've shown me the benefits of branching out, both socially and academically.

Thank you for getting up early to run with me every week. I'm proud of how far we've come and cannot believe we're about to attempt a 10K. I would never have taken control of my fitness without you.

Thank you for geeking out with me about literature stuff. I forgot how much more fun classes can be when friends are taking them too.

Thank you for teaching me how to have fun. Boy, was I boring and bored, for that matter, before I got to know you all. Enjoying myself is more of a priority now than it's ever been before, and life is so much sunnier for that.

Thank you for laughing with me and not at me. Our lives are so much more fun when we can joke around and laugh at ourselves. You all make me feel comfortable enough to know that you're teasing rather than trying to hurt me.

Thank you for the movie nights every week. Even if we are watching all seven "Harry Potter" movies like they are TV show episodes, I love getting to spend that time relaxing with you guys.

Thank you for listening to me complain, stress, and dramatize almost every day of the week. I'm sure you're as irritated as I imagine you would be, but it's so refreshing to be able to get all of that out of my system without being ridiculed.

Thank you for helping me work through my anxiety and being open about your personal struggles. Life is a whole lot easier now that I don't feel so alone in my problems. I love not having to hide what's bugging me.

Thank you for making time for me every single day. You have no idea just how much I treasure every single second we spend together.

Most importantly, thank you for being my friends absolutely unconditionally. College is hard, but it's a lot harder without amazing friends right by your side. I don't know how I handled life without you before, but I'm thrilled that I never have to figure out how to again. I love you, my beautiful sunflowers.