Netflix's New Dating Show Really Is "Too Hot To Handle"

It is absolutely ridiculous, kinda trashy TV and I loved every second of it.

15

If you have been living under a rock, you might not have heard about Netflix's new dating show "Too Hot to Handle." The show's original setup feels familiar: ten hot singles are sent to live together in a fancy beach resort in Mexico while a camera crew catches all the action. Or so you thought. This show has a dramatic twist: The contestants are not allowed to kiss or perform any sexual act.

Yeah, you read that right. The premise of the show is to essentially rehabilitate a bunch of hypersexual singles from around the world who are having meaningless flings instead of entering committed relationships.

Here's how it works:

A robot named Lana sees and hears everything that is going on in the resort and will deduct money from the $100,000 prize fund for every rule break. The more serious offense, the bigger the fine. Over the course of the month, the contestants fight over each other, get tempted by new arrivals, go on dates, and if Lana sees a genuine emotional connection forming between two contestants, face the ultimate chastity test of an overnight stay in a private suite. The fines range from $3,000 for a kiss to a potential $16,000 bill for failing the chastity test. It's a serious challenge for these hot singles to keep their hands off one another and the tension often results in hysterical moments that will make you literally laugh out loud.

It's a dating show unlike any that's been seen on TV before. While viewers do not know the status of any of the show's couples, it appears that the rehab portion of the show resulted in genuine self-growth for many of the contestants. The workshops featured on the show were moving, and you can tell the experience had a profound effect on (almost) everyone involved. Spoiler alert: Lana's not afraid to kick out any contestants who disrespect the process.

"Too Hot to Handle" is extremely entertaining, and not to mention at just 8 episodes it's an easy challenge for any binge-watcher to tackle. With a cast this hot, you're not gonna wanna look away anyways.

Happy watching!