Netflix Summer Watch List

Netflix Summer Watch List

Several hours of my life have been spent staring at a laptop and I am not ashamed to admit to it.

5
Netflix Summer Watch List

Although I did have a pretty busy summer, I still made it a priority to dedicate some time to a few Netflix binges. It's so necessary to kill a few of your brain cells with some senseless television. These are some of the shows I have given so much of my life to, and they were truly worth it.

1. Sons of Anarchy

I was pretty late to the SoA party. The series finale was in 2014, but I didn't begin watching until almost two years later; I didn't mind because all of the episodes were available on Netflix. This meant I would not have to wait for the next season to premiere online. This show is pretty great with all its gory biker gang(club) scenes. Honestly, I still haven't finished the last season because I already know how it ends, and I am just not emotionally prepared for basically everyone to die.

2. Orange is the New Black (season 4)

I can literally watch an entire season of OITNB within two days, maybe one if I'm really being a homebody. Season Four premiered mid June and I had pretty high hopes for the season. As the show progresses, it seems as if they tend to focus less on Piper, which I love, and more on the minorities. Everyone's back story is so much more interesting than the main character's, and thats pretty sad. This season touched on a lot of current social injustices which I'm sure audiences could admire.

3. F is for Family

I feel like everyone has their go-to adult cartoon, and this is mine. It is an original Netflix series with only one season so far, set in the 1970s where it seemed as if life had no filters. This show is so damn funny, and I highly recommend it. It took me only one day to watch the entire season.

4. The Office

The Office is a classic and I usually watch this when I don't know what else to watch. It never gets old, and the jokes are timeless. I just restarted the series.

5. Stranger Things

I am somewhat of a sci-fi fan and this show completely appealed to the fix I had been needing. Also a Netflix original that premiered mid July. There are some pretty frightening aspects of this show but it's leveled out with some great comedic timing. There is only one token black kid on the show which upset me a little at first, but I quickly got over it when I realized he is the perfect token black kid. It took me about a week to finish the entire season and now I have to wait a whole year to be satisfied again.

I've committed so much of my life to some great television and I have no regrets.