15 Netflix Shows You Won't Want to Miss

15 Netflix Shows You Won't Want to Miss

Take the opinion of a fellow binge watcher...you won't want to miss out on these.

329
15 Netflix Shows You Won't Want to Miss
Reddit

Like all millennials, I spend a majority of my free time watching Netflix. Not because I don't have anything better to do, but because on a list of priorities; doing absolutely nothing ranks pretty highly. In my long hours spent streaming shows I have conducted a list of ones that are the greatest. I'd say this is an opinion, but it should be everyones opinion! No question about it; if you have free time on you hands, spend a few hours binging these shows. Note: This list is in no particular order.

1. "American Horror Story"

Blood, gore, romance, thriller, suspense; what more could you ask for? "AHS" has come back and completely redesigned what we assume shows should be like. Every season tackling a different subject and atmosphere. It truly shows the great flexibility of actors. I will never look at Jessica Lange, Evan Peters, or Sarah Paulson again.

2. "House of Cards"

Francis Underwood is no character anyone should miss the joy of watch. Kevin Spacey delivers a performance for the Emmys. The extra excitement of when Frank refers directly at the camera to the audience gives an extra spice to an already provocative show.

3. "Rectify"

A hidden gem within the major resource Netflix is. It is about a man who had just spent twenty or so years in prison for the murder and rape of his high school girlfriend. DNA evidence is found and with appeals, he is released. It follows his presence back into society and the truth slowly comes out about that faithful night.

4. "Salem"

A pair of lovers in "Salem" are separated by a war. Seven years later, Captain John Alden returns home to a whole lot of changes. This supernatural fiction follows the Salem"witch trials in a way you've never seen before.

5. "Dexter"

Have I mentioned that I love shows about serial killers? Especially one where the main character has such a deep backstory. Poor Dexter is all you wish to say during the whole first season. His sheer joy during his ritualistic killing of bad people is great for any viewer to watch.

6. "Daredevil"

What can I say about the "Daredevil" original series from Netflix? Most of us brushed it off when we heard about it, but then again nothing could be worse than Ben Affleck, right? What a surprise though! The show came out swinging. This show gives the character of Daredevil his just dues.

7. "Jessica Jones"

If you've been looking for a show with a badass heroine, you've found it. Jessica isn't the perfect person, but her decisions to put everyone ahead of her makes her a force to be reckoned with. Not to mention her sister, a main supporting character, is a complete badass. Whether she was a previous child star or not. Also, a companionship series to "Daredevil," can it get any better?

8. "Orange is the New Black"

If you haven't come to the realization that this show is amazing, I don't know what will. If you're hesitate to try the show based on the at times vulgar language and sexual content. I'll give you some advice; get over it. The shows deeper meanings from the viewpoint of the incarcerated women is the true meaning of the show. Once you start, you wont stop. Then you'll be pouting until June like the rest of us.

9. "Bloodline"

If you thought you had a dysfunctional family, I challenge you to watch this show. The powerful two seasons spin a tale of deceit, grief, and lies. I'd tell you more, but things aren't always as they seem. I'd hate to be the odd brother out.

10. "Grace and Frankie"

"Grace and Frankie" is clever and has comedy on every level. Two women have been married to two lawyers for over 40 years. Turns out, their husbands are in love with each other. The two women are forced into a friendship of opposites and learn to deal with life. With an extra bonus-- yam lube. I'll just leave that here.

11. "Arrested Development"

Packed full of a killer cast such as Jason Bateman, Portia De Rossi, Will Arnett, Michael Cera and more. The comedy is dry with the perfect amount of satire. If you do tackle the four seasons of greatness, which you should. Remember; the money is hidden in the banana stand.

12. "The Killing"

One of the best murder mystery series of this decade. Not only does it have a devious killer on the loose, but the main characters form an unlikely partnership. One that blossoms into a deep friendship and love.

13. "The Fall"

Gillian Anderson shows up in a suspenseful tale twisted around a serial killer. By day he's a loving father, by night he murders women. If you're into serial killers as much as me when it comes to shows, you can be sure that this one is a crowd pleaser.

14. "Lucas Cage"

This show hasn't been released yet, but it's a companion to Daredevil. So you can be sure that it will give life to our favorite heroes in the best manner.

15. "A Series of Unfortunate Events"

This show also hasn't been released yet, but you can be sure that this revamp is going to kick ass. Mark Hudis, the creator, better bring the heat 'cause were ready for our favorite childhood books to be honored.

If you can't find one show on this list that you don't fall in love with. Then you can be sure all hope is lost for you. Because you've gotta be crazy not to like these.