Netflix Keeps Burning Us - Just Like 2020 Has

Reminder: we started the year off by them taking Friends away from us.

30
The CW

Okay, Netflix. We officially have beef.

As a reminder to those reading this, we should have known that 2020 was going to be a disaster because they decided to get rid of Friends on December 31, 2019. They literally took our joy away from us before 2020 even began, and we had to start our year waiting for HBO Max to launch so we could finally have access to a show that made us feel happy and had been with us for too long for us to imagine our lives without it.

Well, friend, I'm here to ruin the remaining days of 2021 with bad news coming to us, yet again, from Netflix.

If you haven't already seen the list of items that are leaving the streaming platform at the end of 2020, you might want to check it out. There's a whole list of shows and movies that are near and dear to many people, but there are two, specifically, that have large audiences that are going to be very upset. Here we go:

First up: say goodbye to Gossip Girl.

i look forward to never seeing you again leighton meester GIF Giphy

Yup, we can kiss our high school gossip and scandal days goodbye because Gossip Girl is officially making its exit. How will we fill our nights with watching teenagers with insurmountable wealth live their lives however they want without a care in the world? We won't. Those who love this show know that there is a reboot in the works, and it's being reported that both the reboot and original show will make their way over to HBO Max. But, until then, we will be without this world we all wanted to be a part of in 2009. Netflix - this one hurt, and I'm not sure I could fully forgive you. And if this one didn't break your heart, get ready for a real heart-stopper.

We also have to say goodbye to The Office.

7x22 GIF Giphy

There. I ripped the Band-Aid off. Now, you might not have been all that upset about Gossip Girl, but The Office?! THIS ONE HURTS EVERYONE. Michael Scott, Jim, Pam, Stanley, TOBY. All of them will officially be making their way off of the streaming platform that we thought we could trust. This is one show that has so many followers that I'm surprised there hasn't been more uproar as 2020 draws to a close and we're so much closer to losing them. Having The Office move to NBC's new platform, Peacock, will hurt our hearts and we'll be sad until it's available again for us at the snap of our fingers.

Remember when Netflix had it all?! Well, now it sure as heck doesn't. This time, they've gone too far and I'm not sure it'll be easy to forgive them again since they keep reopening wounds that haven't even healed yet from January.