Yes Netflix, I'm still watching

Yes, Netflix, I'm Still Here

I'm partly offended and (mostly hurt) that you even had to ask.

87

First of all, how dare you? I've spent my day working my butt off and look forward to the part of the night where I can relax and watch 15 episodes of Parks and Rec in a row before I fall asleep, and nothing frustrates me more than when I have to click a button to confirm that I'm still awake and watching.

I can't even begin to express how disappointed I am in you that you even feel the need to ask if I'm still here. Where else would I go? Do you think I would do something productive? Do you believe I would choose to do school work over re-watching a series I've already watched eight times? Do I seem like someone who has better things to do? Because I definitely do, but I chose you and you should be thankful.

I'm kind of hurt you would doubt how much I love you.

I would do anything to spend all day with you. There's nothing I'd rather do than watch the same four shows over and over again, and I seriously can't believe you'd doubt that. What's it going to take to convince you that you're my top priority? I wish I could do something to make you understand how much you mean to me, but you are an internet-based streaming service and you probably hear this from everyone else who also appreciates you.

What's the point in writing this out if I know you're not worried? Am I wasting my time trying to get you to notice how much I appreciate you? What's your deal? I know I should be doing other things and you're just asking if I'm still there so you know that I haven't left and you're not wasting your time and energy on an empty room. I know I've just been going on about how much I dislike that you doubt me, but I need to get my point across.

Yes, I'm still here.

Yes, I'm still watching the same show I've been watching for weeks, if not months.

No, I haven't left to do something else, and yes, I will stay here for a while (until I've fallen asleep and you're trapped on a paused screen until I wake up at 3 a.m. to get a drink).