The Best Dining Hall On Ohio University's Campus

We are all entitled to our own opinions but some opinions are better than others.

9

At Ohio University there are three dining halls spit up between the three greens. There is Boyd on West Green (or known as "The District on West Green for whatever reason), Shively on East Green and Nelson on South Green. Having gone to OU for some time now I have on one occasion or another stopped at one of these dining halls. While each varies in the atmosphere, food selection and overall quality only one can reign supreme in the eyes of OU Bobcats. Most say Boyd is the best with its steak dinners and restaurant-style seating layout. And while Boyd may be nice, there are some people who wholeheartedly disagree… It's me I'm "people."

Listen, Nelson Court is the best dining hall on campus. I do not care what anyone else thinks. It seems like everyone has it out for Nelson. Even the people who agree Nelson's food is better than Shively's they continue to go to Shively more frequently. What's the deal Bobcats, why does everyone have it out against Nelson? Is it the fact that right behind it is "dirty south?" By the way, you know it's not really that dirty, another personal opinion. It may not be state of the art like Boyd and have a waterfall pool scenery when you first enter, but gosh darn it is like the best dining hall for eating. It's so large that it doesn't feel claustrophobic like Shively. I can not last more than fifteen minutes in Shively before I have a panic attack and leave. Everything is so close it's unbearable.

As being one of the few OU Bobcats to ever live on all three greens I can tell you that I've walked a variety of distances to get to Nelson. When I lived in back south it took two minutes to get to Nelson. When I lived in Bryan Hall on East Green, it was a good eight-minute walk. Now, with my current situation with living in Bromley Hall, and I walk thirteen minutes there and back to Nelson. I used to say nothing on campus is too far for me but this semester Nelson is putting me to the test. The added benefit of walking to Nelson is that I am getting my move and exercise rings filled on my Apple Watch. Nelson just has a great variety of food selection: American, breakfast, Asian, salad and fruit bar, and Italian is all there. In addition, unlike Shively, you won't get sick from it. I feel like the only downside to Nelson is the mad rush that happens at certain points and even then those aren't often, especially if you know when to go.

If you totally don't agree with me and prefer your pristine Boyd or cramped Shively that's fine. I'm just going to take my plate of eggs, hash browns and sausage at 7:00 P.M. and enjoy it with the satisfaction of knowing you all are just jealous of Nelson. *Mic Drop*