8 Things To Do If You Are In Need Of Some Laughter

We could all use a good laugh!

301

When life gets ahead of you, it is easy to find yourself feeling down in the dumps and drained of your usual vibrant energy. Instead of succumbing to the fatigue and negativity, give yourself over to laughter and comedy. Although life can really suck sometimes, there is something beautiful and funny around every corner just waiting for the right moment to strike. So, sit back, relax, and let yourself go. It is time to smile and laugh, and here are some ways to expedite the process.

1. Watch "Impractical Jokers"

If you are not familiar with this hilarious TV show or the four ridiculous men that run it, you are missing out. The ringleaders themselves, Sal, Joe, Murr, and Q, are four life-long best friends that make comedic gold out of embarrassing each other. Their situational humor is quirky, edgy, and sometimes just blissfully stupid. If anything, their humor is mindless and entertaining, and what more could you ask for?

2. Imagine a flock of ruthless pigeons dropping massive sh*ts on the heads of all your enemies.

I think this one speaks for itself. Just picture it. That's some compelling imagery right there.

3. Look up videos of fainting goats.

You will NOT be disappointed.

4. Listen to some of Bo Burnham's songs on YouTube or watch one of his full-length comedy shows.

Bo Burnham's humor is not for the faint of heart, so tread lightly while exploring his videos. Bo is special because he uses music to convey a lot of his comedy, and in this he also brings up really important social critiques. If you love satire, you'll love Bo.

5. Drop everything you're doing and watch John Mulaney.

"New in Town" and "The Comeback Kid" are his hour-long comedy specials featured on Netflix. John is perfectly adorkable and awkward and his stories will have you rolling on your floor.

6. Stick a fake mustache on your TV.

Perhaps this one sounds a little juvenile, but it is definitely giggle-worthy. It's probably even funnier if alcohol is in the mix, but you can conduct this experiment perfectly sober. Place the mustache strategically on your screen so it has a better chance of landing on multiple faces. That way, you get more laughs out of the deal.

7. Watch this epic argument.

Once again, I don't know why goats are so funny.

8. Search for videos of Joe Machi doing stand-up.

You'll love Joe! He is so incredibly awkward and outrageous that his mannerisms and catchphrases alone will have you in tears. He only gets better though, because once he really starts with his edgy jokes, you are sure to laugh your head off.