NBA Season Predictions 2016-2017

NBA Season Predictions 2016-2017

There were alot of changes this past offseason. What will be the result?

8
NBA Season Predictions 2016-2017
Sportsrageous

NBA SEASON PREDICTIONS:

We are finally here. The 2016-2017 NBA season will soon be underway, which means it is time for my predictions on the season. This season is highlighted by the Kevin Durant saga as he kicks off a new stint. This time he will look to finally prove he is one of the best as he joins one of the best, Golden State. This leaves Russell Westbrook a chance to shine in OKC. We saw Rose & Noah jump ship to New York. Cleveland, the defending champs, are looking strong yet again. Here are my predictions for the season!

1. MVP - Kawhi Leonard

Trust me, I would like to say Russell Westbrook just as much as Vegas. The problem here is that the MVP rarely comes from a team that finishes outside of the top 2 of a conference. Oklahoma City is far from a certainty in making the playoffs. Durant & Ibaka are both gone, leaving Oladipo and Adams as the new go to guys. Well what about Curry or Durant? There is not enough ball to go around for one of these guys to win MVP. I do not see one of them having a significantly better season than the other. Kawhi Leonard has a tremendous opportunity to step through the door in this league. The Spurs will be relying on him more than ever with Duncan retired and Tony Parker reaching his last steps. Leonard decided to not partake in the Olympics this past year, and I think that will show. He spent all summer working on his game, and this will be his breakthrough year.

2. Western Conference - Golden State

It is very hard to argue with this. They have 2 of the best 3 players in the league right now, and did not lose anybody significant from last years record season. Just 1 win away from a second championship in a row last season, I see no reason why Golden State should not breeze through the season. THE ONLY exception to this is that somehow the team chemistry fails due to so many superstars being on the same team. Somebody is bound to get the ball less, and in turn get upset about it. San Antonio will come close, but the loss of Duncan will haunt them and put them in a close second.

3. Eastern Conference - Cleveland

Who can compete with Cleveland in the east besides Toronto or Boston? I find it hard to believe Atlanta or New York will have that amazing of a season. Surely Miami will tank after losing everyone. Chicago won't jump up that high just because of Wade. This leaves the door open for Cleveland again. Lebron will have another stellar season, Irving will shine again, and Cleveland will sail back to the finals. The difference......

4. NBA FINALS - Golden State

...... Golden State will win this year instead of Cleveland. Are fans getting tired of the same 2 teams in the finals? Who knows and who cares. When you are a fan of one of these 2 teams everything is perfect for you. After all, the best team deserves to win. These are the best 2 teams. Durant in Golden State solidified the Warriors as a force to be reckoned with. Cleveland will have a little bit of a harder task this year, and Golden State will take the title in 6!