Natural Ways to Meet Your 2018 Goals

Natural Ways to Meet Your 2018 Goals

Resolve to be Crunchier in 2018

103
Allef Vinicius

Many of us have our own unique set of New Year’s resolutions that we hope will improve our lives in the year 2018. Many of these goals focus on relationships, careers and healthier lifestyles, but crunchy goals are gaining in popularity. These particular goals focus on your own personal needs and tend to shy away from your typical mainstream goals.

Think about the things you most want to improve about yourself by creating a list of the things you like and the things you don’t particularly like. Once you narrow that down, you can begin to formulate a plan. Read on for five natural ways to meet your 2018 goals.

Protect the Environment

You don’t have to do something significant in order to make a difference. Research the many simple ways you can help, then integrate them into your life. Start by making the switch from chemical-based cleaning products to green cleaning products. Not only is this better for the environment, but it’s better for you, your pets and your home. Reusable bags have also become popular, and most grocery stores carry them near the check-out area to help cut back on paper and plastic products.

Don’t buy plastic water bottles. Instead purchase a reusable water bottle you can use over and over again. Get yourself a water filter and fill up that way, without partaking in the overuse of plastic water bottles. Finally, recycle if you don’t already. While it may be impossible to stop your use of all paper and plastic products, you have the option to recycle when you do use them — a collaborative way everyone can help the earth become a better place.

Take Control of Your Stress

Stress doesn’t have to follow you around. Recognize what stresses you out and formulate a plan to decrease it. If work is what stresses you out, plan to go for a run or lift weights after work. Exercise helps almost everyone clear their minds. This is also a great way to incorporate any weight-loss goals as well — kill two birds with one stone.

People tend to make bad decisions when they’re stressed, like overeating, drinking or other bad habits that release built up stress. Get your plan in motion to avoid these unhealthy coping strategies.

Try Out Asynchronous Meals

Say hello to the meal trend of 2018 — a trend that wants you to throw out the rule book and focus on what foods, diets and meals work best for you. Basically, do what’s best for your body without following fad diets or what celebrity Instagram accounts tell you to do.

Each of us is different in many ways, but especially when it comes to meal schedules, food allergies, and calorie intake. Some of us need 2500 calories per day, while others should only have 1500 to maintain a goal weight. You may have a fast metabolism, but some of your friends may have little to none. So while some people may be able to go out and eat an entire pizza and not gain a pound, many people cannot. Let’s be real though — we all wish we could eat an entire pizza and not gain a pound.

Asynchronous meals force each of us to focus on our specific nutritional needs and what it takes to keep our bodies fueled. Listen to your body and what it needs. If it wants eggs for dinner — protein, give it eggs. If it needs a leafy salad for breakfast, give it salad. Make your own rules.

Practice Minimalism

The minimalist lifestyle is really catching on — and for good reason. Minimalism revolves around the idea that we need to remove things that distract us from what we value most in life. If you’re too focused on things that are extra, you will lose focus on what matters.

The best way to start is to declutter your home which will in turn declutter your life. Donate things you do not need and free up space for you to think and spend time with others. By eliminating distractions, you can pay more attention to your goals.

Whiten Your Teeth the Safe and Healthy Way

Teeth whitener found in stores can damage teeth enamel and even your gums. The safest way to whiten your teeth would simply be to watch what you eat and drink. Remember, your enamel is porous and absorbs everything, so if you drink coffee on a regular basis or like mustard and ketchup, try to brush your teeth immediately following consumption. Better yet, try to minimize the intake of things like these to keep your teeth whiter and healthier.

Eat foods that promote whiter teeth, like apples, celery and pineapple . Water also helps to whiten teeth, so there’s yet another reason you should consume lots of water throughout the day.

While it can be difficult to stick to your New Year’s goals, going about it the natural way can ensure more success, accomplishments and satisfaction. Give this approach a try and meet your 2018 goals the crunchy way.