Ladies, You Don't Need To Wear Makeup Every Day

We know you didn't "wake up like this."

64

For as long as I can remember, the first thing I'd do in the morning is brush my teeth and sit down to begin the long process of doing my daily makeup. I looked forward to creating a new look every day and I thought of it as a form of art in some way. I thought makeup was creative, but also somewhat beneficial towards my appearance. Somewhere along the lines, I stopped looking forward to this long, never-ending process. Wake up, do makeup, remove makeup, sleep, repeat. It was getting tiresome, and I noticed I had begun to despise looking at myself without makeup. I wouldn't even go out in public without my foundation, my mascara and my eyebrows filled in.

Maybe I can thank my eight a.m.'s for this realization, or maybe I just knew I was better than that. Either way, I suddenly stopped applying foundation to my face the second the sun rose every morning. My skin immediately was clearer than ever before, no odd texture or acne scars. My face needed a breather and this was obvious after the remarkable results I had, not even a week after stopping.

I was concerned that people had noticed a change in my appearance, did they think I looked stupid? But no one ever noticed a thing, it was all in my head. Putting on makeup may have enhanced my look to some extent, but clearly, life would still be the same if I didn't wear it. Surprisingly, most people admire a natural look every once in a while.

My dad was the only one who ever criticized my decision to wear makeup every day. He would say things like, "You don't need all that makeup, you're pretty without it." And I never believed him because the only face I knew was the one I had gotten so used to.

Today, I woke up, filled my brows in a little and put on some mascara, and that's it. I rarely ever put foundation on anymore, unless I'm going out and want to look super glam. It's not worth the extra hour of my morning to put on something that I'm just going to take off at the end of the day. Not to mention, makeup is pricey, therefore, I'd rather save it for special occasions. I'm fully comfortable in my own skin now. I've become used to my natural appearance in the mirror and I love it.

Girls, you DON'T need to wear makeup every day. Start loving what you look like without it, and it'll be all-the-more exciting to put it on for parties, weddings, and other special occasions. Save an extra buck or two, as well, since going through a pack of Falsies every week isn't cheap at all. Ah, the good old days.