Naps Are A Beautiful Thing

Naps are underrated, as I write this I am fighting the urge to take one. Naps are essential for healthy living and I fully support them. It can be hard to function properly throughout the day, sometimes the day just drags on and you need a little break to make it through to the end. Gee, what could you do that would make you feel better without having to buy something or waste energy? Oh I know, a nap!

I’m not kidding. I know it can be funny to think about being an adult and wanting to take a nap compared to when we were kids and would throw a tantrum when it came to nap time. The difference is that you get more sleep when you are younger, as we get older we have more responsibilities that take up our time and social lives that push our bedtimes to the point of nonexistence. It seems like the way people schedule their time that naps become a necessity rather than a privilege as an adult.

There are more benefits than just getting more sleep in, or energy to make it through the day. Personally, I find naps helpful to get my brain working again. I am not sure what it is, but when I am trying to fall asleep is when my brain begins to go on rapid fire. Instead of tossing and turning in the middle of the night, if I try to take a nap during the day I will get all my thinking done then. I am sure we all have those nights where we are comfy in our beds and all the sudden our mind hits us with something and we must get up and write it down.

In the end, naps could help save the world! Okay, maybe not quite but they are still great. I fully endorse the message to take a nap.