17 Nail Polishes That You Can't Live Without

How have you managed painting your nails for this long without these nail polishes in your life?

547
Blogher

If you're obsessed with always having your nails painted like myself, you know that it is a necessity to own every shade of color that comes in a small little bottle ranging from teal to magenta. I am one that dedicates usually every Sunday night to painting my nails for the upcoming week ahead. If you crave a nail polish color that is thin when dry, wearable on your nails, and a salon like finish, turn to Essie. If you want a variety of colors ranging from pastel to shimmer that dry fast, turn to Sally Hansen. China Glaze never disappoints with colors that are neon but dry matte. Painting my nails has been a hobby of mine that I take great pride in. I will never be seen in public with nails that are not painted or chipped polish. As a matter of fact, I own close to 250 nail polishes, but I have a select handful that I can't help but reach for more times than others. These are the 17 nail polishes that every girl can't live without.

1. Pacific Blue

This is Pacific Blue by Sally Hansen from the Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear formula. I was first introduced to this shade by the famous YouTube vlogger, Miss Jen Fabulous, who creates nail polish/makeup tutorials. I am always asked, "what color is that on your nails?!" multiple times a day when wearing this shade. This is my favorite shade of blue to wear on my nails from my collection.

2. Macks

This is Macks from Essie. If you own any polishes from Essie, you know that these polishes dry thin. This color was the perfect shade for the holidays and especially if you weren't looking for a vibrant basic red.

3. Mint Sprint

This is Mint Sprint by Sally Hansen from the Insta-Dri collection. I was first introduced to this color as a present from one of my friends and let me tell you, the term, "Insta-Dri" lives up to its name. This color is an exact mint green shade that also dries extremely fast and especially if you are in a rush.

4. Bottoms Up

This is Bottoms Up by China Glaze. The great thing about China Glaze polishes is that if you are searching for shades that are neon and scream the word, 'summer,' then this is your go to brand. Here's a tip with China Glaze polishes, if you want the colors to be even brighter, add a white polish base before applying Bottoms Up. I swear you won't regret it.

5. Red Eye

This is Red Eye by Sally Hansen from the Miracle Gel collection. This color is an ideal basic red that I fell in love with. The amazing thing about this collection is that this polish acts identical to salon gel formulas. However, if using any color from this collection, make sure to also purchase the Miracle Gel Top Coat that is in a black bottle.

6. Haute in the Heat

This is Haute in the Heat from Essie. This shade is an ideal hot pink that is great to wear in any season. This formula also dries thin similar to all Essie shades.

7. I'm With The Lifeguard

This is I'm With The Lifeguard by China Glaze. This is another neon color from China Glaze and it doesn't disappoint. I also recommend once again applying a white nail polish before applying I'm With The Lifeguard to help the shade stand out more.

8. Parka Perfect

This is Parka Perfect from Essie. Parka Perfect is a pastel blue that has a hint of silver shimmer to it. The silver shimmer is just enough and not overpowering. A great time to wear this color would be in January, I think this color screams the month.

9. Snappy Sorbet

This is Snappy Sorbet by Sally Hansen from the Insta-Dri collection. This color is the perfect mix between pink and orange and I think it is fabulous that it so happens to be a fast drying nail polish as well. There's been numerous times when I painted my nails this color quickly and minutes before I had to go somewhere, whether it was school or dance class.

10. Celtic Sun

This is Celtic Sun by China Glaze and another shade that is neon. I commonly refer this color to people as 'highlighter yellow.' I highly recommend applying at least three coats of this color to your nails because I believe that it is too dull of a color with just two coats. However, you could always add the white base before painting your nails this color, then only two coats at most would be necessary.

11. Game of Chromes

This is Game of Chromes by Sally Hansen from the Miracle Gel collection. The great thing about this polish it that it looks like a glitter nail polish but applies just like a standard nail polish. I guarantee that you don't own a nail polish like this in your collection.

12. Flip Flop Fantasy

This is Flip Flop Fantasy by China Glaze, a bright salmon color. This is an ideal beach color, the name Flip Flop Fantasy speaks for itself. This color makes your nails stand out and especially with tan skin.

13. Prince Char-Mint

This is Prince Char-Mint by Sally Hansen from the Miracle Gel collection. This color is more of a pastel mint than 'Mint Sprint' that is a true mint color. If using this color, make sure to use the special Miracle Gel Top Coat as well.

14. Garden Variety

This is Garden Variety from Essie and the color that I am currently wearing. This color reminds me of the Spring, but particularly a rainy day in April. I always find myself pairing this color with nautical inspired nail art designs for my nails.

15. Malibu Peach

This is Malibu Peach by Sally Hansen from the Miracle Gel collection. As a matter of fact, this was one of the first polishes that I ever owned from the Miracle Gel collection. I was drawn to this color because of its pastel pink orange color that is a neutral shade and doesn't make your nails stand out as much.

16. That's Shore Bright

This is That's Shore Bright by China Glaze and it's the complete opposite of Malibu Peach. This neon purple stands out because its sure bright. I love that China Glaze polishes are so fun and playful and one will never encounter their colors from other polish brands.

17. Sunday Funday

This is Sunday Funday from Essie. This color has a silver shimmer to it that is similar to Parka Perfect. Sunday Funday is truly a beautiful shade and I always find myself using it to pair with either a white tip or as an accent nail color.