NAD+ Sublingual Lozenges: Why They’re Good for Your Brain

Scientists all over the world have focused their life's work on finding out how to improve

40

What is NAD+ sublingual and why is it the subject of many scientific studies?

Your brain plays a crucial role in all that you do. This includes thinking, remembering, sleeping, breathing, feeling, and other important activities. Your brain's health is a major factor in your quality of life. And that becomes even more evident as you age.

That's why scientists all over the world have focused their life's work on finding out how to improve your brainpower. It's through their rigorous work that NAD+ supplements came about.

The importance of NAD+ in medicine was established with the discovery of pellagra, a disease caused by vitamin B3 deficiency. It is characterized by the 4 D's: diarrhea, dermatitis, dementia, and death.

What cured pellagra was niacin, a NAD+ precursor. This is the first proof of NAD+'s therapeutic abilities. Today, NAD+ is used in many anti-aging supplements and for managing age-related diseases.

What Are the Benefits of NAD+ for the Brain?

1.Prevent Alzheimer's disease

There's still no known cause of Alzheimer's. What scientists know for sure is that it is characterized by amyloid plaques, neurofibrillary tangles, and mitochondrial dysfunction. These changes cause the loss of neural connections, which, in turn, affects brain functions such as thinking and remembering.

Sirtuin proteins, SIRT1 and SIRT3, play a crucial role in mitochondrial quality. Studies show that NAD+ can elevate the activity of SIRT1 and SIRT3, suggesting that NAD+ may help against mitochondrial disease.

Furthermore, studies show that boosting NAD in the brain can decrease beta-amyloid and a specific phospho-species of tau, Thr231, involved in neurofibrillary tangles.

2.Manage addictive behavior

About 35 million people worldwide are affected by drug abuse. It's a public health problem that's also linked to mental disorders including depression and anxiety.

A study suggests that drug abusers exhibit blood-brain barrier alterations and neuroinflammation. This is where NAD+ supplementation can help. NAD+ supplements, including NAD+ sublingual lozenges, NAD+ calms neuroinflammation by getting rid of defective pro-inflammatory mitochondria. It also represses the inflammasome NLRP3.

3.Improve cognitive skills

You want your brain to always function at its best. And science now has evidence that NAD+ sublingual can help keep your brain young and change it for the better. NAD+ plays a crucial role in reducing DNA damage and restoring mitochondrial function, thereby preventing premature aging of your brain.

4.Fight oxidative stress

Oxidative stress occurs when there's an imbalance of antioxidants and free radicals in your body. Free radicals cause damage to cells, which means they contribute to illness and aging. Antioxidants prevent or slow this damage.

Your brain is particularly vulnerable to oxidative stress because it needs a significant amount of oxygen for it to function well. This consumption of oxygen generates free radicals.

NAD+ restoration through supplements like NAD+ sublingual lozenges can help reverse the effects of oxidative stress and induce cellular repair.

5.Support the formation of new neurons

Neurogenesis is the brain's ability to generate new neurons. It plays a crucial role in brain plasticity, your brain's capacity to improve, grow, and change. It's also critical in the proper functioning of the hippocampus and the olfactory system.

Neurogenesis declines as you age, but it may still occur up to your 90s if you stay healthy.

Mounting evidence suggests that NAD+ supports neurogenesis. NAD+ sublingual, therefore, can help you recover from brain injury and learn a new language or skills.

Weighing just three pounds, your brain may be small, but it has tremendous responsibility. It's like the CEO of a mega conglomerate that is your body.

People who have brains that work efficiently tend to have happy and fulfilling lives. It simply isn't true that you're stuck with the brain that you're born with. You can totally improve your brain health.

Make sure you keep your brain healthy. Pursue your passions and maintain a few hobbies. These things can boost your brain's creativity. Find time to relax and give your brain some rest. Science says even a few minutes of meditation can create a positive difference in your brain functions. Be socially active. Maintaining healthy relationships have huge benefits to your brain. And don't forget to feed your brain with the right nutrition and supplement with NAD+ sublingual to keep it young and healthy.