My Best Friend

My Best Friend

That one person who means so much to you.
2

Everyone has a best friend. The one person you can always count on when you need them and knows every detail about your life. They are the first person you run to when something has happened, good or bad so you can talk to them about it. The one person who has absolutely zero relation to you, yet you consider them family.

My best friend? We met in the middle of seventh grade. She and I instantly connected, and after a few months we already called each other sisters. We practically lived at each other's houses. Sometimes, I would spend every weekend for a couple months at her house, and for a couple months she'd be at mine. We shared everything and grew together. We have so many fond memories that I wouldn't trade for anything.

High school came, where usually middle school friendships fall apart. Ours had its ups and downs but we were still always there for each other. We'd spend lunch together and, unfortunately, we were never in the same class, but that didn't stop us from still being as close as we could be.

Just before our senior year, we unfortunately got into a fight, we didn't talk for almost the whole year. She contacted me once and we tried to make amends but then she disappeared again. I felt so alone without her. I missed her and wanted to talk to her but was to afraid of the rejection. How are you supposed to react when you lose the one person you thought would always be by your side?

Finally we talked again, apologized about everything and it was like nothing ever happened, we caught up on each others lives, I finally found out about her new boyfriend and was extremely happy for her. She had changed so much in that year but that's because a lot had happened. I couldn't believe the adventures I'd missed out on with my best friend. I had a lot that I needed to learn about her again.

Now we are still best friends, more than that we are practically family. When I look at her, I still see the girl I've known for almost 8 years but I also see a very strong woman who is now an amazing mom with a beautiful child and supportive fiancee. My best friend has grown so much and has made such a great life for herself and her now budding family. I will always be there to support her in everything she does and she knows that.

I am beyond proud of my best friend and I am even more proud that we have stayed so close throughout all these years. And now, I am also the godmother to her adorable baby boy. I don't know what I would do without her. To this very day, after all these years, we are still learning things about each other. I'm always there for her when she needs me just like I know she will be for me when I need her. I love you, Best Friend.