My Way-Too-Early 2017 NFL Draft Predictions: 11-20

How I see picks 11-20 of the 2017 NFL Draft shaping up as of the end of January.

10

It's still very early, but with college football season and the NFL regular season now both in the books, it's about time to start thinking about the upcoming NFL draft as college players declare their intentions to enter the draft or stay in school.

These predictions come in the absence of NFL Combine and showcase game results, so projections are certainly going to change in the coming months as anything can happen to alter a prospect's draft stock from now until the draft. Heck, just ask Laremy Tunsil, who, after being considered the #1 overall pick at one point, lasted until the early middle of the first round after a video of him smoking out of a bong while wearing a gas mask surfaced just minutes before the draft was scheduled to begin.

Of course, there hasn't been any free agency period yet, which certainly impacts the needs of each team as well.

There's also plenty of time for some pick shuffling through trades, as we saw last year, and that certainly has an impact on who gets selected where as well, but I'm assuming nothing changes and made my first set of predictions based on the current order.

11. New Orleans Saints: Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State

In a division with Cam Newton, Jameis Winston, and some guy named Matt Ryan, it's likely that your secondary will need to be up to par, and the Saints' just hasn't. For that matter, they haven't been in a few years it seems. Brees isn't getting any younger so these issues need addressed sooner rather than later if this team is looking to contend for anything.

12. Cleveland Browns (from Philadelphia Eagles): Ryan Ramczyk, T, Wisconsin

In the last installment I mocked Myles Garrett to the Browns with the first overall pick despite absolutely crippling offensive line issues that saw Cleveland to multiple quarterback injuries this year. There just wasn't any offensive line talent there that would be worth the first pick, but this pick is more like it.

13. Arizona Cardinals: John Ross, WR, Washington

It's looking more and more like this is going to be Larry Fitzgerald's last year. Michael Floyd was cut last year after his DUI arrest.Past those two, the Cardinals are looking at the wildly inconsistent John Brown, J.J. Nelson, and Jaron Brown. Not horrible, but not exatly ideal, either.

14. Indianapolis Colts: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU

I'm one of those people who thinks Fournette should have played his bowl game this year after a less-than-stellar year that saw him get into an altercation with a Florida assistant and miss about half the season off and on due to injuries. I'm not nearly as high on him as I am Dalvin Cook, but Fournette is an easy plug and play for the Colts, who need a change of pace from asking Andrew Luck to throw 50 times a game. Also, the tread on Frank Gore's tires is wearing mighty thin.

15. Philadelphia Eagles (from Minnesota Vikings): Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan

In return for the robbery the Eagles committed in getting this pick as part of the Sam Bradford(!) deal, they absolutely have to go for a playmaker at wide receiver as they are severely lacking any sort of threat at that position. Jordan Matthews can't hang onto the football, and Nelson Agholor's light just hasn't come on yet. Their track record of drafting receivers hasn't been too kind, but I think Davis is undervalued and could ultimately have the best pro career of any receiver in this class.

16. Baltimore Ravens: Teez Tabor, CB, Florida

The Ravens' secondary has been ailing for a few seasons now and it certainly got a boost last year as Tavon Young looked to be one of the best rookie cornerbacks in the league. However, they likely won't be able to grab another guy like that late in the draft as they did with Young.

17. Washington Redskins: Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan

Maybe the most versatile player in college ball this year, though I think he falls a bit due to questions about positioning in the NFL. Some think he doesn't do any one thing at a very elite level, but he would provide a much-needed upgrade to the Skins' backend.

18. Tennessee Titans: Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama

They already got their wide receiver of the future, now they should get some pass defense help to take some of the pressure off of Mariota and the rest of the offense.

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan

In addition to having the best nae of the class, Charlton is the type of impact player along the defensive line that the Bucs could pair very nicely alongside Gerald McCoy.

20. Denver Broncos: OJ Howard, TE, Alabama

In a perfect world, this pick is an offensive lineman as the Broncos have to get better there to foster along their quarterback (whoever that may be). However, the value at this pick is too good to pass up a secondary need at tight end, and it hurts me to mock this pick as Howard is probably my favorite player in this entire draft. I'm wishing he would last ten more picks so my Steelers would have a shot at him, but I'm not holding my breath because he is just too darn good to last even this long.