My true life pt. 2: I'm addicted to a Netflix series

Parenthood is taking over my life

12
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/09/27/636420830622915296-919753867_IMG_0322.JPG

I’m not even a big tv watcher but this one series has me hooked

Parenthood, a show that is so raw and awkward and beautiful. It has me hooked, for the better or for the worse. Now I’m not here to rate the show (obviously it would be a 6/5 stars) and I’m here to talk about my addiction. It’s getting very serious. I catch myself dreaming about it. I think about it in class. I’ve even contemplated skipping a meal to watch more, I haven’t yet because I still have my priorities straight, but the thought has definitely crossed my mind.

Any opportunity I get I feel the need to watch it. When I say any opportunity, I mean ANY. From the minute my computer opens, an episode is playing. I’m not even going to lie when I say there was an episode on when I wrote this. It’s starting to become my motivation. I’ll start to write an essay and I’ll make a goal to finish the essay before I finish an episode. Granted that doesn’t always work, in which case I stop finish the essay as fast as I can. That way I can continue watching more episodes without the burden of an assignment on my mind.

Whatever happens to them affects me. Whenever one of the characters suffers a break up, my heart breaks. If someone gets a promotion, I’ll celebrate. When Grandpa Braverman landed an audition, I stayed up all night because I was worried as to whether or not he would get the part. Their tears are my tears, my feelings are their feelings. I’m apart of the family, I’m basically a Braverman (that’s the family’s last name for all you outsiders.)

Currently I’m only on season three, so when it ends, I’ll probably have a lot more free time. My life will be a little more dismal but I’ll have more time. I’m not a big TV watcher either, so I’m not really sure how I’ll cope when it’s over, but I’ll keep you updated. My guess is there will be a lot of withdrawals.

The only other series I care to spend my time on is F.R.I.E.N.D.S, but I’ve seen that series 3 times through, forward and backward, so I know it like the back of my hand. And yes, I did cry when it ended. Though I’m much more invested in this show so the post series blues could be severe and I’m doing my best not to think about it.