My Thoughts On "The Bachelorette" Week One

Bachelor Nation salutes you.

22
WetPaint

I have been a "Bachelor/Bachelorette" fan for years now.

Every year I fill out my Desiree Hartsock bracket and compete with my best friends to see who is the biggest "Bachelor/Bachelorette" superfan.

When JoJo Fletcher first stepped out of the limo on Ben's season of "The Bachelor," I knew instantly she would be my favorite.

From the first episode of Ben's season, I knew Ben and Lauren B. would end up together, but that didn't stop me from loving JoJo.

I was as excited as everyone when JoJo was announced as the Bachelorette. This hilarious "unicorn" is looking for love and deserves the best man out there.

About an hour before the premiere, I filled out my bracket according to ABC's Contestant Bios.

My favorite men before the start of the first episode were: Jordan, Alex, Ali, Chad, Derek, Chase and Wells.

Let us take a moment of appreciation for the most dreamy and perfect contestant of all: Derek.

I may be a little biased since he is from Iowa, but look at those beautiful blue eyes. Derek is a 29-year-old commercial banker who lives in Ft. Lauderdale. (Looking to date someone 10 years younger?)

Derek was a three time All-American track star from Wartburg College located in Waverly, Iowa, a well-known rival of my college. (I will put aside my hate for Wartburg for now.)

One of Derek's favorite movies is "Field of Dreams." Good pick, Iowa boy.

It is pretty obvious that I hope Derek makes it far, but not far enough and can be the new Bachelor. I also hope ABC will take my application even though I will only be 19.

As the episode started, JoJo got to sit down with previous Bachelorettes Kaitlyn Bristowe, Desiree Hartstock Siegfried and Ali Fedotowsky and discuss her new role as the Bachelorette.

On a separate note, when are Kaitlyn and Shawn going to tie the knot?

It has been a year since Kaitlyn took her place on "The Bachelorette" and decided to get engaged to Shawn. They are so in love and have the funniest Snapchat videos. Can we please have a wedding?!

JoJo looks gorgeous as always, and it is time to meet the men.

It became pretty clear who the forerunners were just by their entrances. A unicorn? Obviously you have won JoJo's heart.

And then there were these guys...

James Taylor, 29, singer-songwriter.

Nick B., 33, electrical engineer.

Jonathan, 29, technical sales rep.

While all the men waited for JoJo, the men go the party started. I mean the Rose Ceremony starts at sunset and ends at sunrise. These men need something to keep them awake and talkative.

But some of the men took it far ... too far.

JoJo obviously caught on to all the drunkenness and wasn't very pleased. She still got a good laugh at it though.

And then there was this guy, Daniel. When he wasn't half naked in a man thong, he was chugging drinks and jumping in the pool.

He even had the nerve to ask JoJo if she had even been on the Internet lately because she didn't think his "Damn JoJo" joke was funny. Back at it again with the insults, Daniel.

We found out Chad will be this season's villain. Thanks a lot Chad, you ruined my bracket.

And to make things worse, Will got the great idea that he needed to ask JoJo for a kiss using a fortune teller. Could it be more obvious that she hated it?

There were indeed some good moments though, such as Alex showing off his mad marine skills. (Could he be any hotter?)

We also got to experience the kiss heard around the world as JoJo gave Jordan the first impression rose. Just marry him already.

After the night JoJo had, it was time for the Rose Ceremony. Then she could sleep.

But to our surprise Jake "please stop interrupting me" Pavelka showed up. Great. I can just imagine Vienna crying in a corner watching this.

But thank the Bachelor Nation gods because he was only there to give JoJo some final advice before she started the rose ceremony.

Let us take a moment for our fallen contestants.

Sal, 28, operations manager.

Jake, 27, landscape architect.

Coley, 27, real estate consultant.

Peter, 26, staffing agency manager.

Nick S., 26, software salesman.

Jonathan, 29, technical sales rep.

See you next week.