A Letter To My Older Sister

A Letter To My Older Sister

To the one who knows the ins and outs of my heart.
51

To my older and better half,

I never thought that I would see the day where I would write one of these cliché and overdone articles, but here I am. My sweet sister, this short ode to you doesn't even begin to portray my admiration and love for you. You are my biggest supporter, my kindest friend, my constant protector, my better half, and my forever idol. I can't even begin to find the words to express how special you are.

You are my hero until the end of our days. No one will ever inspire me more than you. I will always be the younger sibling who wants to be just like you. There's nothing that you could ever do that would disrupt my image of you.

Thank you for loving me. Thank you for fighting off the bullies. Thank you for knowing when to dance. Thank you for knowing when to cry. Thank you for never saying "no" to Taco Bell. Thank you for your honesty. Thank you for all of the rides. Thank you for being the one who can do hair. Thank you for giving me hope. Thank you for being my best friend.

Your kindness spreads like wildfires. There is not a heart that you cannot touch. Your beauty radiates from the inside out and you are the star of every show. I hope that you never forget how talented and utterly fascinating you are. You are unstoppable. I will never stop believing in you. I will never stop cheering for you. I will never stop loving you.

"You know how the moon only glows because it's reflecting off of the sun? Well, that's me with her. She's my sun, and I only shine because she's there." -unknown

Thank you for shining so bright.