My Super Bowl 55 Predictions

My Super Bowl 55 Predictions

Breaking down both the NFC, and AFC playoffs, and predicting the big game in February.

17
My Super Bowl 55 Predictions

This year's NFL season has been unprecedented to say the least. The unpredictability of the season has contributed to the rollercoaster of emotions felt by fans of all teams and players. With the playoffs underway, it seems fitting to predict the possible Super Bowl matchup, and while there are great teams in both the NFC and AFC, only two teams can play in the Super Bowl.

Here is a look at the two teams I believe will be playing on Super Bowl Sunday.

The team representing the NFC

It is hard to predict the NFC, due to the multiple teams which have a significant shot at the Super Bowl. On one hand, you have the first seed, Green Bay Packers, who seem extremely difficult to beat, not to mention, hard to beat at their home field, Lambeau. Aaron Rodgers is playing at such a high level, and it doesn't look like he will cool down. The duo of Rodgers and Davante Adams could be enough to propel the Packers to their first Super bowl since 2011.

With the Packers looking like possible favorites, it would be ignorant to overlook the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who are led by Tom Brady. Brady's Bucs seem to be peaking at the right time, as the offense has finally caught it's stride. The momentum that the Bucs have heading into the playoffs could be instrumental in helping them run the tables. A young Tampa defense leaves some questions to be answered, but besides that, the Bucs have just as good of a shot as any team.

The New Orleans Saints, who have beaten the Bucs twice, and the Seattle Seahawks are also teams, with who have a solid chance at representing the NFC. Seattle is led by elite QB, Russell Wilson, and the Saints have a team which seems to have very little weak spots. Both teams are without a doubt possible Super Bowl teams, however, the team which will represent the NFC, is the Green Bay Packers. Rodgers has something to prove, and the Packers also seem to be clicking in all cylinders at a perfect time.

Result: Green Bay Packers

The Team Representing the AFC

The AFC probably has better overall teams than the NFC, however, unlike the NFC, where the door to the Super Bowl is open, it seems as if there are only a few teams which have real shots at going to the Super Bowl from the AFC. But, it is the playoffs and anything can happen, especially this year.

The Buffalo Bills, who sit at the second seed, pose a threat in the AFC, as a well coached defense, complimenting a dynamic offense led by Josh Allen and Stephon Diggs is mainly why the Bills are a legit contender to make the Super Bowl, In addition, the Bills just dominated a very good Dolphins team, and pushed them out of the playoffs, there are not a lot of teams which I would take over the Bills, especially after seeing what they did in week 17.

While all these teams are great football teams, The Kansas City Chiefs are most definitely going to be the toughest challenge in the AFC. When I said earlier that I wouldn't take many teams over the Bills right now, The Chiefs are the one team I would. With Patrick Mahomes throwing to the plethora of weapons he has at his disposal, it seems as if the Chiefs offense is unstoppable, and while the chiefs have shown weaknesses throughout the season, they still have only lost two games. Andy Reid will be able to lead his team to another Super Bowl, in hopes to go back to back.

Result: Kansas City Chiefs

The Super Bowl prediction

Just for enjoyment, here is my prediction of the final score.

I believe it will be a very close game, I believe the Chiefs will pull away in the final minutes and I predict a 42-28 final score.

Rodgers has shown the lack of ability to hang with offenses who put up major point totals before. The most recent example is last year's NFC Championship where Rodgers was barely able to score 20 points against the San Francisco 49ers, who put up 37, and the only reason the Packers had 20, was because the 49ers knew they had won the game. I just see the Chiefs offense being too much for Green Bay to handle, as Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce will be Mahomes main targets as they typically are.

Result: Chiefs Win 42-28.