My Poke Bowl Addiction
food

My Poke Bowl Addiction

I've spent $80 at this restaurant in one week AKA I'm addicted!

503
My Poke Bowl Addiction
Beech

I've spent $80 at this restaurant in one week. I'm addicted.

Last semester I discovered the world of poke bowls. I've always loved sushi and had heard of poke bowls before, but I was too suspicious to try it. My big brought one home towards the end of March and told me I had to try it because I would definitely love it. Ever since I have emptied my bank account at Beech and I do not regret it- well kinda.

I get a very simple bowl that consists of brown rice, ahi tuna, avocado, seaweed salad, and lemon miso dressing. The only problem is, both the avocado and seaweed salad are an extra dollar. Therefore, the one I buy is approximately 16 dollars. In the last week I have gone 5 times and tonight I am probably going for the sixth.

I need someone to help me control this addiction. Food is definitely a priority high on my list, but breaking the bank is not.

Last night for dinner I tried a new place in downtown Charleston and ordered pretty much the same bowl I buy at Beech. Although the dressing was a little different, I still loved it, but it was only three dollars cheaper. Although I did save three, I could save a whole lot more by cutting down the number of bowls I buy altogether.

I am also nervous that if I eat too many poke bowls now I will be very sick of them and not be able to eat them ever again. I've definitely overeaten at other places, like Verde, and now I can't even walk into the place.

Long story short, I need more self-control. Please, if anyone sees me walking into Beech this week, stop me and tell me to go home. I don't have the money — but I am definitely addicted.