My Personality Type Is Organized Chaos

My Personality Type Is Organized Chaos

A little mix of sanity and chaos isn't too bad.
167

I'm the type of person that always likes to know when things are happening, but I also like to do about a million things at once. I tend to always overbook my schedule and be running from one thing to the next, but I at least have a system for my craziness.

If you were to look into my planner, you might be a little overwhelmed by the hundreds of scribbles all in various colors and fonts. It may look like a weird type of coloring book, but really it just helps me organize everything I have going on into different categories and levels of importance. Plus, a little color helps me not dread all the things I have to do.

Aside from my scheduling, how I live and work also reflects that style of organized chaos. I’m not a terribly messy person, but I will admit that my clothes tend to gravitate towards multiple piles on my floor from time to time. They might not all be dirty, but I know where they are and when they do need to be washed.

With my school work, I have it all organized but I also have to always go back and rewrite stuff in order to get the same understanding I got the first time I got the information. It may have made sense when I first wrote it down, but looking back at notes sometimes makes me more confused than anything. So I organize myself after I go through a bit of chaos.

Not everyone functions the way that I do, but I think that being an organized chaotic person has a good balance between having my life put together and being a hot mess. Being completely organized isn’t going to make me completely happy because I know that if I tried to be that, I would go overboard. But being chaotic in a sense would also be really bad because then I’d never have order and peace in my daily life, I’d always be worried about something.

A mix of both lets me focus on certain things at a time while allowing some things get a little out of control in a good way. I don’t need to clean every single day, but I also don’t need to not clean ever. I can do all my schoolwork before the time it’s due, but I can still pace myself so that I am able to do the work to the best of my ability. Organized chaos is a good system and method for my busting life.