My Mother, My Bestie

My Mother, My Bestie

My mother is my best friend in many ways! We are so alike yet so different.

5592
My Mother, My Bestie
I wrote this when I just had the best fall evening with my mother because Mother's Day is this weekend! I feel bad for the people who are not best friends with their moms.

Every year for my mother's birthday we do mother-daughter pictures. We started this tradition when I was only three years old.

This is one of my favorite traditions because I love seeing my mom and getting to be goofy with her. She is just one. of the best people I know. My mom is one of a kind. She is smart and has the best advice for me! I hope one day I can pass down as good advice as she gives me. My mom and I are different people but also very similar. We think very similarly! We both think about others feelings and try to put ourselves in the other persons shoes. This is a quality I think I picked up from my mom and I admire it in her very much.

Another very similar thing we do is closing ourselves off sometimes when things get real and difficult. Being vulnerable is a soft spot for both of us and it makes it difficult to communicate to each other sometimes. We are also uniquely different... some of these things make us not get along! This however is not a bad thing.My mother is, like I said before, sort of a closed of person. She can be vulnerable and emotional when needed, but I don't push her to be that unless absolutely necessary.I am more of an emotional person (not that my mother isn't) but this can be hard when I am feeling a lot of things at once and maybe I cannot explain everything I want to in detail.

Another different quality in us is that my love language is touch and hers is words of affirmation. To show her I love her, I want to give hugs, hold her hand, and always keep a hand on her. What she needs instead are reassuring words and thoughts to make her feel loved in the best way possible.

I love my mother so very dearly, and I cannot wait for more adventures with her!