10 Reasons My Mom Is My Hero

10 Reasons My Mom Is My Hero

Meet Superwoman.

527
10 Reasons My Mom Is My Hero
Huffington Post

1. She never says no, unless it is for a good reason.

It is really a rarity for my mom to say no to me. This is not because of me, and the fact that I do not ask a lot out of her, because I do ask a lot, and often. It is because her heart and soul are so large, that I am surprised every day that it can fit inside her body. If she ever does say no to me, she has a reason to. Do not tell her I told you this, but she is usually always right, so even when I ask for something and she says no, she is still in the right. I do not even hate it when she is right (even though she thinks I do) because it just adds to why she is my hero.

2. Just seeing her makes me beyond happy.

I tend to get homesick often, but the cure is simply seeing my mom’s face. Even just talking to her on the phone can make me so happy that I am brought to tears. She truly is my best friend, and I wish that everyone were as close to his or her mom as I am. It is a special bond that everyone deserves to have. Trust me, if you are fighting with your mom or have a bad relationship with her, do everything you can to fix it.

3. She is just like me.

Ask anyone who knows me or knows my mom, they are always going to say that we are so similar. Not only do we look alike, but we act alike as well. Sometimes, we even sound alike. People will comment, “you sounded exactly like your mom when you said that.” Guess what, that is a huge compliment. My mom is so funny, happy and enthusiastic. There is really no one else I would rather be like. Maybe I would rather be like J.K. Rowling, only because it would be unreal to be responsible for "Harry Potter," but other than that, no one.

4. We always know what the other is thinking, merely based on eye contact.

This one is kind of freaky. There are many times where my mom will just be standing there and I will know exactly what she is thinking. Often times she will say, “get out of my head, would you?” She does the same to me, too! We say that we are telepathic, but only with each other. I cannot be like this with anyone else, and the same goes for her.

5. She makes the best homemade chicken noodle soup.

This is pretty self-explanatory. When I found out I had a lot of dietary issues, she still found a way to make me homemade chicken noodle soup. Heroic, I know.

6. She is always teaching me something new.

Not only is she a mom, but she is constantly a teacher. Whether she is teaching me how to cook a new recipe, usually something her favorite aunt used to make, or how to wrap presents, it could be anything. I would say she teaches me something new, a skill or lesson, every week. She helps me grow every day, and I could not be more thankful to her for that.

7. She pushes me every day to be an even better me.

Some people might think of this as constant pressure, but the way she does it is not pressuring. I mean sometimes I will admit I do the typical, “yes mom, I knowwwwww.” But, as I said before, she is always right. I will give you an example. She is always pushing me to get better grades. She will say, “what is your GPA? A 3.8” And I will reply, No mom, it is a 3.6. And she will reply by saying oh, whatever. You can get a 3.8. To this, I would explain how hard it is to get a 3.8 in college and that I would need to get straight A’s. The next semester, I got straight A’s and a 3.8. Little things like this push me to do better. I also would like to say that I promise you I did not use that example just to brag.

8. She is the strongest person I know.

Some will say that their dad is their hero, and he is the strongest person they know. Although I love my dad to infinity and beyond, nose to toes, my mom is the one who takes the cake. She is fearless. She never wavers. She is an inspiration. She is strong physically, mentally and emotionally. She has been through so much and still experiences immense amounts of stress. However, nothing phases her.

9. She spreads her love to all, but especially with me.

My mom is the most empathetic person I know. Her heart and love does not stop at her friends and family, but to complete strangers. She is always giving, whether it be love, attention, affection or money. It could be anything. She is always putting others over herself. She will see a person crying and feel their sorrow for days. It is truly marvelous.

10. She is always there to pick me up when I fall.

Again, self-explanatory; If I am ever down, she is there to answer the phone, or to make me soup, or to send treats or even to come visit me. Every time. She has not missed once.