An Open Letter to my Mom

An Open Letter to my Mom

"She is clothed in strength and in dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future" Proverbs 31:25

21
An Open Letter to my Mom
Ashton Beals

If anyone were to ask me who I adore and who I admire, it's simple, I'd say my mother. She is my best friend. Regardless of how much we argue and fight. At the end of the day I know who to turn to when I need advice about boys, faith or just life in general. She's the person who loves and cares more than anyone person I know. She's kind and compassionate and so funny and the sweetest woman alive. I'm so grateful to call her my mom. I'm grateful I'm her daughter.

Dear Mom,

Words don't describe how much I truly love you. I can't put into words how much I truly thank you for always being there for me. For always loving me despite my mess ups and never ever giving up on me. You always tell me I am literally the exact same way you were at 20 years old. I don't doubt it honestly. We talk alike and honestly we look alike minus my hair color. You are so selfless. I can't even begin to describe how selfless you are. You work so many hours just so my sister and I can have a good life. You're so incredible. Thank you for always driving me literally everywhere and going on adventures with me. I love our memories we share. They hold a special place in my heart.

Thank you for coming to every concert, show choir competition and school play that I was in, thank you for always being my number one cheerleader through all the glamour of show choir and theatre. I could always find you in the crowd regardless of when and where I was. You sat there cheering me on. You were my favorite cheerleader.

Since dad died, I know you've had to take on the role as mom and as dad. You had to learn to be a single parent and I know that scared you. But you have been the best mom and best dad I could ever ask for. You never gave up on us even when things seemed impossible. You stood strong and my god I admire your strength as a woman. God is in you. God flows through you like a river. You are the example of a strong woman. That has overcome so much.

I am a lot like you. You say that all the time. I have your face, and your voice (both singing and talking in a way) I have all the beautiful features you have. I'm so grateful to look like someone as beautiful as you. You smile and laugh at most everything. And while you tell me you're proud of me, I'm more proud to be called your daughter.

You are truly my best friend, which is why this article has taken longer than I've wanted to write. You are the most important woman in my life, I look up to you for everything. As I've gotten older, you have become my true best friend. I can always count on you for anything and I'm just so beyond blessed to be your daughter. I love getting text messages from you and laughing and smiling and just being around you.

Thank you for giving me life (literally) and always picking me up when I'm down. I can't even begin to express my gratefulness towards you. You're an example of strength, and that faith can truly move mountains. I love you mom forever and always