My memory on September 11,2001
Politics

My memory on September 11,2001

A Day I Will Always Remember

83
My memory on September 11,2001

On September 11, 2001, I was just a 5 year old preschooler. On this day it started out normal, my mom had just put a green dress on me, she gave me breakfast and helped me brush my teeth for the day. After I got ready, my mom had put me in my car seat and brought my siblings to school. First we dropped off my sister who was in 5th grade and then we dropped of my brother who was in 1st grade. After my mom dropped my siblings off at school, we headed back home so my mom could prepare a grocery list and get me ready for afternoon preschool. As a few hours passed my mom got the grocery list together, and we then headed out to the van. My mom put me in my car seat, buckled me up and we were off to Stop &Shop. When we arrived to Stop & Shop, my mom got a carriage and put me in the front seat of the carriage (the little seat connected to the carriage). As 30 minutes passed by, we headed towards the refrigerated lunch meat and lunchable section of the store. Once my mom was finished getting what we needed in that area, my mom begins to back the carriage up, so I could see the lobsters in the tank as I always enjoyed looking at the lobsters. As she does this my mom's cell phone rings loudly. My mom grabs her cell phone out of her purse and answers it. A couple minutes later, my mom tells me that it is my dad on the phone and says "stay quiet sweetie so I can hear daddy on the phone." My dad was calling from his work. A few minutes later my dad, in a panic voice says this: "Where are you? " My mom replied at "Stop & Shop grocery shopping." My dad replied: Stop shopping, go checkout, head home immediately, and turn the news on. My mom did so and we were out of the store quickly. My mom and I had no idea what was happening neither did the store. All the store workers just said something happened in New York City. As my mom rushes to put the groceries in the car and put me in my car seat, few seconds later we were headed off to home. Once we get home, my mom brings in all the groceries and puts me on the floor with my toys. Once she got everything situated, she quickly turn the news on and what she saw was devastating. I saw tears from my mom and she told me to bring my doll to my room and play until she said it was okay to come back out to the front room. What I saw on the tv was scary, I saw fire, smoke on these two tall buildings. I saw news people talking and emergency vehicles as well. As minutes pass, my mom gets a call from my preschool saying afternoon preschool was cancelled. Then once she got that phone call, she gets another one from my sister's school saying she needs to be picked up now. Then later my brother's school called and said he needed to be picked up as well. As all of this was happening, my mom was panicking. We quickly went back into the car and headed to get my sister at school. Once we got to my sister's school, we got her and she was telling my mom how she and her classmates all went into a gym and saw the news and everyone was freaking out. My mom tried to calm her down but she was still scared. I did not know much, but all I knew was I was just as scared as my family was because I had no idea what was happening and I wanted my daddy to be safe. Once my mom got my sister we headed to my brother's school, my mom takes my sister and my hand and quickly speed walk / run to get my brother. Once we go into the school my brother said to my mom and us that his school went into lockdown for a few hours and was told that we were not be going to be going outside as there were a huge amount of bees and we stayed in lockdown for few hours then we were told we would be sent home early. Apparently, this big world event was serious and the younger age schools hid this so kids would not be scared. Once we got my brother, my mom had made sure we were buckled in the car and we were headed off to home. As 20 minutes passed, we arrived home and my siblings and I went into the house with our mom. We all went into the front room to turn the news on however, my mom stopped my brother and I and told us to go into our rooms to play. My sister watched me and then my brother to make sure they were playing. My mom told us to close our doors so she could listen to the news. I knew something was seriously wrong, my dad calls and said he would be home soon. It is probably around 1ish or 2ish and my dad arrives home safely. My dad walks in and then my mom looks at him, both scared and sad. What happened on September 11, 2001 was this: There was 4 terrorist attacks:

Timeline:

September 11, 2001
- 8:46 a.m. ET - American Airlines Flight 11 (traveling from Boston to Los Angeles) strikes the north tower of the World Trade Center in New York City.
- 9:03 a.m. ET - United Airlines Flight 175 (traveling from Boston to Los Angeles) strikes the south tower of the World Trade Center in New York City.
- 9:37 a.m. ET - American Airlines Flight 77 (traveling from Dulles, Virginia, to Los Angeles) strikes the Pentagon Building in Washington.
- 9:59 a.m. ET - South tower of WTC collapses in approximately 10 seconds.
- 10:03 a.m. ET - United Airlines Flight 93 (traveling from Newark, New Jersey, to San Francisco) crashes in a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania.

- 10:28 a.m. ET - North tower of WTC collapses. The time between the first attack and the collapse of both World Trade Center towers is 102 minutes.

Thank you cnn for the information!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/27/us/september-11-anni...

This day was devastating for the country. It was a sad day where thousands of people were injured, dead, and or missing. Families were panicking and sad as they look and find their loved ones or making sure their family or loved one is safe. Citizens help one another to seek shelter or get out of burning buildings and etc. This day was where we all came together to help one another in such a devastating time. Also our military service people helped out to! A big thank you to all our service men and women for helping out on this horrific devastating event. This day I will remember what happened and where I was and who I was with.

This was not a lie or a made up story, I lived through this event and this was my story, my memory, on this day.