My Love/Hate Relationship With Fall

My Love/Hate Relationship With Fall

In Texas there's no such thing of four seasons.

70
My Love/Hate Relationship With Fall
Sam White

It's about that time again: Fall is near. I can tell because the leaves are getting ready to change, it's starting to get cooler in the mornings, and my allergies are coming in (literally had a sneezing attack twice now.) I'm super excited for fall this year because fall in Oklahoma is way different from fall in Texas. In Oklahoma, there are all four seasons, but in Texas four seasons is a hotel, not anything to do with nature. So this year fall will be totally different for me. I'm a summer baby, so I've always had a love/hate relationship with fall.

1. Love: I GET TO WEAR LONG SLEEVES

I love love LOVE wearing long sleeves. My closet is full of them right now. I really really want to wear them in the morning, but then by the time I get out of my second class it's a thousand degrees. Also, I have some really cute outfits for the fall games that I need to wear. Mother Nature, please bring cooler weather because my outfits depend on it.

2. Hate: My allergies.

I hate my allergies. HATE. Every time the weather is about to change I can tell because my nose starts getting stuffed up and I start sneezing every second of the day. I hate it. I feel like my face is puffy. A puffy face is not cute AT ALL.

3. Love: Fall colors!

I'm in love with the colors of fall! Reds, greens, orange (Go Pokes), yellow, and brown make the color combinations in the fall. I have so much orange already that it's going to be awesome when fall actually gets here. Hello riding boots, goodbye sandals.

4. Hate: Everything starts getting spooky.

Everyone loves Halloween, Jack-O-Lanterns, haunted houses, horror movies: Not me. I hate scary things. I wish I could just have Thanksgiving and Christmas that's it. No Halloween. Except I'm trying to think of a cute costume for this year (let me know what y'all think I should be). But no scary things!

5. Love: The cute dates that everyone goes on.

Every year pictures of people going on dates in the fall make me so happy (even though I'm single lol) I love seeing people happy! From walking around the lake to carving pumpkins, the dates are too cute. Keep posting those pics y'all!

Ugh every year pictures of people going on dates in the fall makes me so happy (even though I'm single lol) I love seeing people happy! From walking around the lake to carving pumpkins, the dates are too cute. Keep posting those pics y'all!

6. Hate: Everything is PUMPKIN

Now, I love the smell of Bath and Body Works pumpkin scents, but what I can not stand is when everyone is posting their pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks or the pumpkin pie slices. I can't. I am not a fan of pumpkin. Stop putting pumpkin in/on everything.

Overall fall is amazing and it's a beautiful season. There are just some things that come with fall that I could totally do without. I'm ready to get my leggings out, though!