My Idea Of A Fufillling Life

My Idea Of A Fufillling Life

What makes you happy?

37
My Idea Of A Fufillling Life

Personally I believe that everyone has a different idea of what a fulfilling life means to them. As I lay here in my college dorm during finals week, the time that I have to be doing work, usually gets sent procrastinations. I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about what I really want in life. I believe it's a good time to be asking myself that question. “What makes you happy?”

Many people view a successful life to consist of money, an expensive car, and typical materialistic items. When I think of the word fulfilling none of those things come to mind. I associate fulfilling with happiness. My goal in life is to be truly content with the people and environment in which I’m surrounded by. I want to live my life with my friends by my side. I always want to have people surrounding me with laughter.

The last thing I want in life is to be constantly surrounded with stress. In my life currently, I try to remind myself to be worry free. Life is going to throw challenges at you every day and it's always important to make light of the situation given to you. I believe that setting aside time to step back and reflect on the relationships I have with my friends and family is a very beneficial choice for me. Having solid relationships with few people I have common interests with is something I value and see as fulfilling. In my opinion quality matters more than quantity. I don't want to have regrets. Further ahead in my life, I don't want to be focusing on things I've done in the past or things I should be doing in the future. I want to always be connected with the present and constantly be in the moment so I don't miss anything. I think the only way for me to have that connection is to really find myself and that's my goal in life. I want to find what drives my soul and sparks my passion. I believe it's one of those things that I may come across when I'm 20 years old. Maybe when I'm sitting in class. Perhaps I don't discover it until I'm 35 and helping my children find their way through life. I don't know what life has in store for me, but I strive to make it worthwhile.

One last thing that I want to make sure I have in my life is balance. Personally balance is key for me to be comfortable in the life i'm living. Having just enough things to focus on so that my attention isn't spread too thin is very important to me. I don't want anything to pass by me. Taking it all in is what life's all about. To be fulfilled to me is to live the life you love, while doing what you love, with who you love. College is all about discovering the things you want as well as the things you don’t. It's never too early think about your values for your future and what is going to get you through life being happy. What do you want in life?