My Guardian Angel

My Guardian Angel

I knew someone was watching over me

21
My Guardian Angel
Paige Goodskey

I want to tell you a story, a true story. A day in my life where I believed in spirits for the first time. A day where I needed someone and found them in the most unlikely place. A day where I believed that I truly had a guardian angel looking over me.

It was July of 2015, the week that my summer theater program was going to put on our show. There was a lot happening, with rehearsals and getting ready to go to college for the first time, I was not feeling like myself. I was restless and angry towards everything, especially my sister.

We were going to go to our fundraiser and get some pizza, but for some reason, I did not feel like driving her. I was just so tired and irritated that I fought with her. We argued to the point where I started crying. I took her home, she told on me, and I was not getting any sympathy. At that point, I didn't know what to do but sit on the couch and cry.

I contacted anyone I could to see if they were available for me to see them and no one was answering. After half an hour of hearing nothing from my dad or anyone, when I really had no idea what was going on, I decided to go out for a drive. I drove to the local reservoir and it had just started to pour. The perfect weather for my emotions because they were also a thunderstorm. I pulled over to a pull off and cried.

I kept watching cars pass by for 15 minutes, I was afraid someone would pull up and talk to me, so I drove off. I tried to get closer to the reservoir, but there were too many people there, so I just kept driving. Finally, I knew where I was going, but I wanted to get lost. I took a turn, and instead I was found.

I ended up turning onto the road where my grandmother was buried. This was my mother's mom who passed away before I was born. My mom used to tell me stories and that she believes she is my guardian angel. I even used to talk to her at night in my room as a baby. I knew that I needed to be there at that time.

I pulled into the cemetery, went to her grave, got out of my car, and talked to her. Thankfully, her stone was under a tree, so it kept me relatively dry. Even through the rain, thunder, and lightning, I continued to talk to her. When I told her about what was going on and that I had no idea what to do, was the moment that everything changed.

The rain had stopped all of a sudden. There was no letting up a little, but it had stopped. I looked up at the sky and I cried. In the sky was a double rainbow. In that moment, I had stopped crying. I took out my phone and took pictures so that people would believe my incredible experience.

I went home right after that and told my dad with tears streaming down my eyes. His began to water up too. We told my mom when she got home and the three of us cried together. In my time of need, my grandmother, my guardian angel, had listened to me, and that was her way of telling me everything was going to be OK.

That was an experience that will never leave my mind as long as I shall live. I know that my Grandma Sally is looking down on me right now and she is always there when I need her.