My Sister Is My Superhero

My Sister Is My Superhero

I don't think I would be the same if you weren't there with me.

163
Pexels.com

To my sister:

When we were little I always looked up to you. From school to home, I'd imitate your actions and words in hope of gaining some of the confidence and charisma you radiated to others. Now that we are older I've learned to be my own person, but who I am would be nothing without my big sister.

In school, you were always my superhero. I've always been a little strange, but I can't remember being messed with when we went to school together. You'd shield me away from the harsh words of others, and intimidate those who dared say something behind my back. I don't think I would be the same if you weren't there with me.

As we got older I only copied you more severely. Your style became mine and your words were no different. I now see that your style was not made for me, but I don't regret imitating the person I looked up to most.

Outside of school, your protective nature was no less. I still remember when Daddy would chase us around the house pretending to be a monster. We would both get scared at times, but even at the age of seven, you would stand in front of me to protect me from harm (even though that harm was just a joke).

As we got older my voice became quieter, but you never let it cease to exist. My opinion would shadow your words, and I'd be heard without others knowing. You would even put yourself in the middle of my problems because you knew I could not solve them alone.

For everything you've done, I want to say thank you. Thank you for being my play buddy, even though you hated barbies and tea parties. Thank you for letting me sleep so many nights with you on top bunk because bottom bunk was too close to the monsters. And thank you for being the hands over my ears, even when you could still hear everything.

I love you... and now that we aren't just sisters, but best friends, I want to let you know that I'm here to return the favor of being a savior. If you are lonely, I'll keep you company. If you are sad ,I'll be your shoulder. If you don't know what to do, I'll give advice ,because you've done all of it for me.

You're my sister. You're my best friend. You're my role model. And You're my superhero.