Why I'm OK With Being Single This Valentine's Day

This Will Be My First Single Valentine's Day In Five Years, And I'm 100 Percent Cool With It

Spending time with yourself or your friends is better anyway.

226
Lexi Schroeder

This will be my first Valentine's Day single since 2015 and I'm 100 percent cool with it.

Recently, I had to teach myself that love and relationships aren't everything. Although I was technically single on Valentine's Day in 2015 and 2017, I still celebrated the holiday with a guy who I liked or who ended up being my boyfriend later on. But this Valentine's Day, I'm scheduled to work all night.

This is the longest I've been single since 2015 and I'm living for it. I don't have to worry about making time for someone, checking in on them, or putting my all into a partner while having a couple of jobs and being a full-time student.

I'm one that loves being in relationships, but recently, that changed for me and I absolutely love being single and focusing on myself.

Since I've been single, I've been more confident and have been having way more fun with my friends. Yes, being in a relationship is nice because you have someone to go on dates with or to cuddle with all the time, but then again, you can still do that while being single.

There are plenty of ways to celebrate Valentine's Day by yourself.

These include hanging out with your other single friends or having a day to yourself like getting your nails done. Or you could work like me. I'm a server and I already know we'll probably get busy with couples, which means good money.

So while all the couples are out on dates on Valentine's Day, I'll be working and then probably going out to the bars with all the other singles... and I'll definitely be living my best life while doing that.

I have so many Valentine's Days ahead of me to find the one and I'm in no rush at all.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.