Date Ideas If You Aren't Into Valentine's Day

11 Low-Key Date Ideas If You And Your S.O. Aren't Into Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day shouldn't be the only time you celebrate your love together.

1553
https://www.facebook.com/Pursuitofeverything/

Ah, Valentine's Day. The holiday of the year where those in a relationship celebrate the love they share for one another and the single pringles try to find someone to celebrate with so they aren't bored or lonely. As someone who is in a healthy and loving relationship, I just want to say one thing.

I *hate* Valentine's Day.

Yes, I know, shocking. But my boyfriend and I just aren't into the whole "celebrating our love publicly" when we celebrate it every day. While we still like to do something on the holiday, we tend to keep our activities a bit more low-key. Mainly so we don't have to deal with the annoying ones who think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

So, if you're anything like my boyfriend and I, here are 11 low-key dates if you both aren't about Valentine's Day.

D.I.Y dinner at home

Honestly, I hate going to "fancy" and "expensive" restaurants. I can never find anything I actually like and it's all way too over-priced for what you're getting. So, if you still want to be romantic this Valentine's Day, make a dinner together at home!

Bake together

Along the same lines of cooking dinner at home, this is so much fun! You can even make it interesting. Each of you can bake the other's favorite desserts!

Game night

Let the games begin! My boyfriend and I love playing games together. It's a way to keep a friendly competition going. Whether it's video games or board games, have a game night together!

Read to each other

Okay, so this one isn't for *everyone* but if you're a couple that enjoys books, it's perfect! One of you can pick your favorite book or books and read a little excerpt from it. You never know, it may convince them to read a favorite of yours.

Have your own "Wine and Paint"

Instead of going out to a "Wine and Paint," do it at home! Grab a bottle (or two, I won't judge) of your favorite wine and bust out the paint brushes.

D.I.Y. wine tasting

This one I'm kind of interested in. So, if you love wine like I do, you're always wanting to try different kinds. Grab your boo, head to the liquor store and each of you ask a different associate the wine they most recommend. Or, each of you grab a wine that neither of you has tried! Worst that happens is, you don't like it and pawn it off on your friends throwing a dinner party!

Build a fort and watch movies

This one let's you release your inner child. Build a fort with your babe and watch movies/Netflix together. This can be fun to see what kind of fort you can create together!

Put on a live show and pretend you are at a concert

This one seems goofy but it's kind of fun! You can turn the music up as loud as you want and get to (somewhat) experience a concert together. (Plus you don't have to pay $9 for the smallest beer ever.)

Meditate/do yoga together

This one is nice and relaxing, with the power of Youtube, meditation and yoga videos are all over the internet. Try something new this Valentine's Day and relax your mind and soul, together. (Be careful when doing the yoga if beginners!)

Create an at-home spa

This one is easy and fun. Head to your local Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, etc. head to the skin care section first. Grab any face mask that catches your eye (but obviously be careful depending on your skin type). Grab some lotion to give each other massages (or baby oil if you're feeling frisky.) Light some candles, put on relaxing music and treat yourselves!

Star-gaze in your backyard with a fire

While it can be cold in February depending on where you are from, this one is great! The fire will keep you warm while you gaze the stars together. Both romantic, subtle and you don't have to leave your home.