My Final Message To You.

My Final Message To You.

I thought I needed You
30

This is years too late but I finally have found the courage and strength I needed to write my final goodbye to you. So here goes...

It was you. It was always you. No matter who wanted me I ALWAYS wanted you. Wherever you were I wanted to be and for a while you made me feel like I was wanted there too. You knew everything about me and being with you seemed like a complete dream come true. Despite what everyone would say about you to me I still chose you. I loved you so much it actually scared me, I was afraid to put myself out there, but I was so happy I did with you. I was hurt in the past and I just thought if I put myself back out there and allow someone to know me they would hurt me again and in the beginning, with you, it wasn’t like that at all but we went on a downward spiral so fast. You meant the world to me and having you there for me was incredible. I hope you knew that I was here for you too. But I just couldn't do the just friends thing anymore, I understand that you didn't want to hurt me and I thank you for that but in the long-run, it hurt me the fact that you didn’t even give us a chance. You always just thought I’d be some controlling girlfriend who never let you see your friends and we both know that I wouldn’t be like that. I always encourage you to hang out with your friends and when you’re with them I'd say "I’ll talk to you later" just so I don’t bother you when you’re with them. You went from constantly wanting to talk to me and be with me to never really even talking to me. You turned into the person you said you’d never be and you told me you’d always pick me and wherever you go, I would go and that we don’t lie to each other and that you’ll near get tired of me and you’ll always want to talk to me…looking at that I don't even know who you are now. There was just something about you that rocked my world. I don't know what it was and quite frankly I don't think anyone else knew either but there was just something about you. I just wanted all of you, all your imperfections and flaws were so very loved by me. But that's the thing, they were LOVED. It took me years to come to terms with the fact that my love for you is past tense. I could not be more proud of myself for getting over you and all the times you made me feel so insignificant. I am no longer stuck on the thought of you; come to think of it, you no longer cross my mind. So goodbye to you and everything we had or what I thought we had. You are nothing to me now and will stay that way from now on.