My Favorite Rom-Coms (Part 1)

My Favorite Rom-Coms (Part 1)

A variety of romantic comedies for the fangirl in all of us.

10
My Favorite Rom-Coms (Part 1)
ExGag

So anyone who knows me knows that I love nothing more than a good rom-com (romantic comedy). I love them all. From the intense, ball your eyes out Nicholas Sparks movies, to the light-hearted movies that you might find on Nickelodeon. So I thought I would share my favorite rom-com's and why each of them are so important to me. Each movie taught me something about love and relationships, and about finding yourself. So I have placed them in order by the age I was when they helped me the most. For part one we will be seeing the movies that I loved from ages 12 - 15. *I tried to be careful of this but some have spoilers so read at risk*

1) 12 years old - Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging

*On Netflix*

Summary: 14 year old girl with two goals. 1) Find a beautiful boyfriend. 2)Throw the best birthday party. When Georgia meets Robbie (who is a bass player from London who loves cats.. swoon), she sets her sights on making him the answer to her first goal. Only one problem, he's got a girlfriend. So with the help of her gang, she sets out to win her dream guy, and throw the best party of the year. Easy tasks right?

2) 13 years old - 13 Going on 30

Summary: A girl's 13th birthday party is a complete failure, and so she locks herself in the closet to get away from her best friend, Matt, who is trying to fix it. While locked away, she makes a wish "I want to be Thirty. Thirty, and Flirty, and Thriving". And by the magic of some pixie dust on a dollhouse, she gets just that. She wakes up in a body that is a strange version of herself, with no recollection of how she got here. So she goes on adventure to find Matt and have him explain what happened, only to find out that they are't friends anymore and that she became a horrible person, but she did get everything that she thought she wanted (hot boyfriend, prom queen, dream career). So she must find a way to make her new "dream life" the life she actually wants.

3) 14 years old - The Last Song

Summary: Two siblings are told that they have to spend their summer with their father. The oldest daughter, Ronnie, does not like her father ever since her parents got divorced. So she is not looking forward to spending her summer in a tourist beach town with no one that she knows. It is not long before she attracts the attention of Will, the town heartthrob. However she is not interested in him at all. Obviously this only intrigues him more and he pursues her, and ends up winning her over. As soon as Ronnie finally begins to enjoy her summer, she gets the news that her father is ill. So she tries to spend the rest of her summer repairing her relationship with him.

4) 15 years old - She's All That

Summary: Typical Story. Popular boy meets unpopular girl. A bet is made that he can make her into a prom queen in 6 weeks. He thinks it'll be no cake, and that he won't have to worry about falling for her because she is socially awkward. Only, once she gets a makeover and begins to open up to people, she isn't so awkward anymore. So of course they fall in love, and she is nominated for prom queen. But what happens when she finds out it's all a bet.

5) 15 years old - 10 Things I Hate About You

*On Netflix*

Summary: A 90's adaptation of Taming of the Shrew. 2 sisters; the older is harsh and defiant, and the younger is flirty and naive. One rule in their house; the younger sister can't date until the older one does. So a young boy (played by Joseph Gorden Levit) who is in love with the younger sister Bianca, pays the bad boy (played by Heath Ledger) to get the older sister, Kat, to go on a date with him. So we all know how well that can turn out when the two actually fall in love.