My Favorite Places On Campus

My Favorite Places On Campus

Look no further for the best spots to spend your time.

14
My Favorite Places On Campus
WV Always

While I haven't been on campus long, I already have spots that I love more than others. These are the places that I can relax and be lazy or focus and be productive. These spots keep me from going stir-crazy in my room so, maybe they'll help you too.

• The Library
    • The library is the perfect spot to do that assignment that you’ve been putting off. It’s open until midnight on the weekdays, has a place to buy coffee and pastries, and the option between the not-so-quiet first floor and the be-quiet-or-else second floor. Plus, you’re surrounded by books and the furniture is pretty comfortable. What more could you ask for if you need a fresh space to get you motivated?
  • The Cat’s Claw
    • Do you want good food that you can use your student ID to buy, even when the caf is closed? Cat’s Claw is the place to go. It’s a great place to hang with friends or be alone with a good book and it’s open when the caf isn’t for when those post-dinner cravings hit. Cat’s Claw is also the venue for a ton of fun activities, including karaoke and trivia nights.
  • The grassy spot between Fleming and the tracks
    • This is a very specific, and slightly weird, spot but it’s one of my personal favorites. Between the parking lot outside of Fleming and the railroad tracks, there is a grassy space that is secluded from the world by trees. While this isn’t the best spot to go if you want to be social, it is the best for those heart-to-heart conversations with your friends or if you just want to be outside without being bothered by anyone else. It’s a great place to enjoy the sun and not have to worry about getting hit in the face by a rogue Frisbee or football.
  • The lawn outside of Holloway
    • Alternatively, the lawn outside of Holloway is where you want to go if you want to enjoy the sun while being social. Outside of Holloway is great because it’s close to the quad, but not too close and near other people, but not too far. It’s a picture-perfect Goldilocks scenario. It’s ideal for people-watching, listening to music, studying/doing homework, or hanging with friends all while soaking up the sunshine. Admittedly, you might want to watch out for rogue flying objects, like Frisbees or footballs, but that’s probably just a personal worry.
  • Your friend’s room
    • Your friend’s room is always more exciting than your own. My friends have an Xbox and Wii in their room making it exactly where I want to go when it’s too cold to go outside and I just can’t stand my room any longer. Whether it’s because it’s your friend and being around them is better than being alone in your room, or because they have a TV and you don’t, it’s refreshing to have a place to go on those days where you just can’t be bothered to leave the residence hall.
  • The Student Lounge on the 3rd floor of the Admin building
    • This lounge has a microwave, a TV, and a few incredibly comfy couches. If in between classes you want to take a nap or just want to sink into a couch and put your feet up, this lounge is where it’s at. Though, I don’t recommend seeking out this lounge if you’re not already on the 3rd floor if only to avoid climbing those infamous stairs. Already on the 3rd floor? Great! You just found your new favorite place in the School of Business.
  • The Cafeteria
    • Say what you will about the food in the caf, but whether you hate it or love it, the caf itself is a great place on campus. With the dining hall being as large as it is, you have the choice between sitting at a table in the middle of the caf surrounded by people, conversations, and the opportunity to be social or sitting in at a table in one of the far corners surrounded by no one and being alone with your thoughts and your desire to avoid people at all costs.