Yes, My Dog Is My Family So Get Over It

Yes, My Dog Is My Family So Get Over It

My dog is and will always be a part of my family.

870
Yes, My Dog Is My Family So Get Over It

What constitutes someone being included as part of your family? How much time you've known them? How many memories you share together? How many hardships you've endured together? How happy they make you? If you love them? If you answer yes to all these questions then it shouldn't matter if that someone is human or not.

You know your dog for all of their lives and a big portion of your own. You grow older with them. You see them change from young hyper puppies to tired old dogs. They see you grow up. They grow up with you. If the question of family is how long you've known someone, your dog is definitely family. They've never known a time without you.

The memories you make with your dog are some of the best you have. The first time they master the handshake trick. The walks they literally drag you on. The car rides, naps, and Halloween costumes you forced on them. My dog still hates me for his Yoda outfit. You spend so much time with them that these memories are something you can always cherish. Even the less than positive memories of waking up 5 times a night with them when there puppies trying to potty train them or coming home to a house covered in your couch's stuffing are something you laugh about later.

Your dog is the perfect shoulder to cry on. Best thing of all, they can't say I told you so when you mess up. All they do is love you unconditionally. My dog rarely leaves my side when I'm sick. He will lay in my bed with me all day because he knows I need his support. If he sees me crying, he will lick my face or just lay with me until I feel better. These animals just want to love and be loved in return. No matter what you go through, you always know that these dogs are there for you and always will be.

If happiness is what makes someone your family then these animals are definitely your family and their also the best family members of all time. I can have a terrible day but the minute I walk into my house and see that bundle of joy run up to me with his tail wagging I can't help but smile. Dogs give happiness without even trying and thank God for that.

And the easiest criteria of all, do you love them? The day I got my dog I learned how easy it really is to love unconditionally. It's hard to explain and people that don't have dogs will never understand and will always think you're being dramatic when you say you would do anything for your dog. But for me and all the dog owners out there, it's harder to understand not loving these dogs. Dogs sole purpose on this planet is to love. So don't they deserve to be loved right back.

My dog is treated as a part of my family and always will be. He gets part of my dinner, he sleeps in my bed, he wears a jacket when it's snowing outside, and he gets a birthday cake on his birthday. He is my best friend. He has known me since he was 8 weeks old. We share so many memories. He has gotten me through finals, moves, fights with friends and family, and countless bad days. My dog makes me happy every single day and there has never been a question if I love him or if he loves me.

He is my family and always will be. Get over it.