Why My Dad Is My Favorite Man In The World

"To the world you are one person, but to me you are the world."

1538
Shay Harris

At 21 years old, I never thought that I would be as close with my parents as I am. Now, I am a stubborn person -- I always put up a fight and always have something to say. I get that from my lovely father. My father has given me more guidance and has challenged me more than anyone ever will. Although we don't always see eye-to-eye (and trust me, you will know when that is), I couldn't be luckier to have a dad like him.

I would like to say I am a daddy's girl, but I'm also the youngest, so I honestly have always been the favorite. (Just kidding, Katie ... not really) My sister likes to say I'm the favorite because I'm the youngest, and she isn't wrong, but the point its right now it's Feb. 28, and I miss my dad more than I have while being away at college yet.

When I was younger, I never really understood or knew why my dad wasn't at home or why I didn't see him, but now, as an adult, I know he was working to help a company run smoothly. He is the hardest working man I know, and always will be.

1. He isn't afraid to be honest with me, even when I don't want to hear it.

Now, if you know me, you know that I am the stubbornest person there is ... but my dad is never afraid to challenge me. I mean, yeah, I get it from him, but that is the best part. When we fight, it's big and there is no stopping it. I know that I don't act like it, but thank you for always challenging me and being my biggest supporter. I wouldn't be where I am today without it.

2. He has always loved and supported me, even at the hardest times.

I am the "rebel" child in my family, and somehow that is never a surprise to anybody. If there are two people who have never given up on me (maybe because they actually couldn't), it would be my two parents. I know I wasn't always an easy child and I still am not an easy adult but, man, you both know how to handle me.

3. He isn't a regular dad ... he's a cool dad.

I mean, does your dad look like Santa, have his ear pierced, and love to rock out to music? If not, you are definitely missing out.

4. He goes out of his way to understand me and the way I work.

As previously stated, I am a stubborn person, but my dad has always taken the time to understand me and how I work. Sometimes I don't even think I understand how I work, but my dad is always the first person that will listen to me ramble and will calm me down.

5. He supports me in everything that I do ... even when he doesn't agree with me.

From playing soccer to being a drummer to being in a sorority to being a debater, my dad has always been my biggest fan and number-one supporter.

6. He is an amazing cook. Trust me.

Let me tell you that when I say I miss the food at home ... I actually miss the food at home. Because it's that good. I miss your cooking as much as I miss you! Chicken every night is not cutting it!!!

7. He has worked hard his entire life.

I don't always give him enough credit, and I know that isn't fair, but I guarantee my dad has worked just as hard, if not harder, than your dad has. Did your dad stand next to the president? I don't think so.

8. He is an amazing role model for just about everything.

If there is an experience or something, I can guarantee my dad has done it and will give advice on what not to do. If you're his youngest daughter who thinks she knows it all (me) then you probably won't listen and then you'll feel ten times worse after the fact because you should have listened in the first place. (Thanks for the stubbornness, parents!)

9. He isn't judgmental about anything.

If there is one thing in the entire world that I love about my dad, it is that he always raised my older sister an I to never be judgmental or mean to anyone above or below me. I don't think I ever learned that until I got to college and got on my own, but that is one of the most important things to remember in this day, and I can only thank you for instilling that into my head.

10. He's my Pa and I love him more than anything.

I love and miss you more than you even know. I never thought I would miss you this much and even though we don't talk every day, I think about you and I miss you. Thank you for being the man that you are because I wouldn't be where I am today without you. Lubatoo.

From Your Site Articles