My Cat Is My Best Friend

My Cat Is My Best Friend

Nothing can beat the love of a cat.

39
My Cat Is My Best Friend
Facebook

Although I may admit it with pride, I am not actually a crazy cat lady. Sure, they rank as one of my favorite animals, but I don't plan on having fifty roaming around my house one day. That sounds overwhelming to be honest. I only have one cat that lives with me and she gets to be too much sometimes.

That one cat is also 20 (soon to be 21) years old.

My cat Socks has been meowing around the house for my entire life. She's seen me at my best and my worst. I'm thankful she can't speak English because she knows a lot of secrets. (Friends: don't worry, she won't tell!) Socks has always been there to offer me comfort when I've been sick, sad, upset. It's a type of comfort that a person isn't able to give. By just laying next to me and purring makes me feel instantly better. It's her way of giving me a hug and telling me that it's all going to be okay.

But along with her love comes the annoyance. Yes, that's right. I just said that my cat can be annoying. I love her to death, but sometimes I want to duct tape her little furry lips shut! (Don't panic, ASPCA, I'm not going to do that!)

Like the times that she decides that it's alright to get up in the middle of the night and literally scream at her toy in the other room. Because waking up at one in the morning to the sound of my cat bitching something out is exactly my idea of a good night's sleep. My family and I used to get mad and go out to the living room and take the toy so she would hush when it first started, but now we either ignore it or just laugh.

Not to mention that the fuzz ball has gotten ME into quite a bit of trouble. When I was little, I used to play with my Barbie dolls on the floor and I used to just dump it all out on the floor. She would lay in the middle of it all and accompany me. However, when I would got to pet her, she would "yell" at me. And that's when my mother would come out and yell at me to tell me to stop hurting her, yada yada yada.

This little booger is also spoiled. She's the queen of the house and she won't let you forget it. How, you may be wondering? She'll weasel her way into your chair so you're forced to get up so you don't squish her, she'll sit on whatever you're doing and command attention, she'll meow until you pay attention for her (well, that's most likely when she wants OUR food), among other things.

With all of this combined, Socks is what I would consider to be the perfect pet. More like the perfect best friend. As much as professionals will say that there is no way it's possible, Socks (and all animals) have a personality and that's what makes us love them.

I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world because she's my little poop and I love her with all my heart. For those who are friends with me on Facebook have seen that I've made several photo albums of just her. I have more photos of her than I do of myself. That's love, man.